PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Paname - BsAs (Palermo) - 2 Star Hotel

Tinman
04-18-06, 02:31
Hotel Paname.

Godoy Cruz 2774(1425) Buenos Aires.

4771-4041/42

www.panamehotel.com.ar

I stayed here a few years back for a night. It's a small hotel with 60 rooms on Godoy Cruz, right near the intersection of Godoy Cruz and Av. Santa Fe in Palermo.

There is a McDonald's at the corner of Santa Fe and Godoy Cruz where I saw / tried my first Dulce de Leche McFlurry (or whatever the Argentine equivalent is called, I forget)

I'm not sure about the neighborhood as I didn't do much walking around except to the embassy. There is a little diner across from the McDonald's and a few kiosks nearby.

This place is literally just a few blocks away from the US Embassy / Consulate and it was really cheap, which was the deciding factor for me. The room had a queen-sized bed, TV, and a small bathroom with a drain-in-floor shower. For the price it was great and while it's a 2 Star hotel, it wasn't dirty at all.

It's a great place if you're going on the cheap and in town for the embassy.

Also, I think it was about a 15-minutes cab ride from the hotel to the Policia Federal building, if you need to go there for any reason.

Just checked the price online and looks like it is $42AR a night for a single and $55AR for a double room, but you may want to call to confirm.