PDA

View Full Version : Looking restaurants for serving Abalone

Strad
04-21-06, 04:42
Abalone is a delicacy. If you have never tried one such as myself, you may have no idea why is such a big deal. I am growing more and more curious and determined to find one to give it a try.

Like I said before, Abalone is a delicacy, I've heard people saying that they tasted extremely delicious. Abalone is a top shelf gourmet in South Asia, equally as exotic delicacy "Bird's nests", "Shark fins", its price is so high that average citizens can't often afford them.

It has been confirmed that in Chile, alone the coast is also growing Abalone. It maybe has similar ocean conditions to South Asia, who knows. Since Chile is next to Argentina, and we can get the famous Chileano's salmon, I don't see why we can't find Abalone? They must have gotten some in the BsAs market! Due to the fresh meat can get spoiled easily when exposed in the air for length of time, Abalone out of the sea have to be consumed freshly right away, otherwise make them into cans. Finding canned Abalone is the 2nd best choice.

There are many Chilean's restaurants around the city, if one of you have seen Abalone item(s) on a manu, please report. I have been dreaming of getting a plate of "Abalone Salad".

Here is an Abalone about link if you are interested:
http://www.biosbcc.net/ocean/marinesci/06future/abintro.htm

Thanks for your time,

Strad

Stormy
04-21-06, 12:03
I have never seen it on a menu in BA. (abulon? You might try Los Chilenos, a little, decent seafood place at Suipacha and Marcel T. De Alvear. (4328-3123) or perhaps the upscale Oviedo at Beruti 2602 (4821-3741) At least they might be able to tell you where it could be found.

Strad
04-21-06, 12:42
I went to Los Chilenos recommended from this board. The restaurant is decent, during the lunch time was very busy. A good sign. I ordered grilled fish, soup, and a green salad with white wine. A local guy Sat next to me recommended crab salad, it looked so good!

Unfortunately, I was not yet aware of Abulon in my last trip. Next time, I will try crab meat salad, and of course, ask about Abulón!

Thanks!

Strad

Genghis Khan
04-25-06, 17:31
Abalone is a delicacy. If you have never tried one such as myself, you may have no idea why is such a big deal. I am growing more and more curious and determined to find one to give it a try.

Like I said before, Abalone is a delicacy, I've heard people saying that they tasted extremely delicious. Abalone is a top shelf gourmet in South Asia, equally as exotic delicacy "Bird's nests", "Shark fins", its price is so high that average citizens can't often afford them.

It has been confirmed that in Chile, alone the coast is also growing Abalone. It maybe has similar ocean conditions to South Asia, who knows. Since Chile is next to Argentina, and we can get the famous Chileano's salmon, I don't see why we can't find Abalone? They must have gotten some in the BsAs market! Due to the fresh meat can get spoiled easily when exposed in the air for length of time, Abalone out of the sea have to be consumed freshly right away, otherwise make them into cans. Finding canned Abalone is the 2nd best choice.

There are many Chilean's restaurants around the city, if one of you have seen Abalone item (s) on a manu, please report. I have been dreaming of getting a plate of "Abalone Salad".

Here is an Abalone about link if you are interested:

http://www.biosbcc.net/ocean/marinesci/06future/abintro.htm

Thanks for your time,

StradThey serve it at several Japanese restaurants in Sao Paulo, so I assume it should be available in Buenos Aires too but I have no idea where because I have never been to BA.

GK