PDA

View Full Version : Oba Oba

Moore
04-21-06, 04:46
Oba Oba Rivadavia at Matheu (Once)

A blue collar club. No sign, but there's a doorman. Don't go alone unless you look tough and speak Spanish. $30AR for 30 min at last reporting.I went to Oba Oba a few months ago because I was trying to find a fine young lady that used to work at Envidia (which is in Flores for those of you that have never set foot out of Recoleta Village). She told me that she started out there so when she disappeared from Envidia I thought maybe she had returned. I probably wouldn't have understood what this girl told me if I hadn't previously seen Oba Oba on Jackson's list. What exactly is an "oba" anyway.

No sign - the place was damn hard to find and if there was a doorman, he wasn't at the door when I arrived. You walk up a long stairway of an apparently empty building to arrive into the club, which was quite full. My chica was not there unfortunately. Most the girls were apparently paraguayas, which are not my preference. There were tons of patrons and the better girls were all taken. Now I understand why my chica upgraded to Envidia.

I didn't see anything remotely worth poking and left after finishing my liter of beer. It's definitely a low-end "blue collar" place, many of the patrons were also darker guys. But no worries, I haven't seen a "tough" place in Argentina yet.

Oba Oba is simply Black in a much less prestigious neighborhood with a much less prestigious name. With a bit of marketing, I'm sure that many gringo tourists would swear that Oba Oba is the best, most exclusive club in Argentina with, of course, the most gorgeous girls...definitely not a place for "Jiffy Lube boys". SobeLizzard would go there exclusively.

PS Jackson did you really live 7 blocks from this shithole?

Hi Moore,

My building is on Ave de Mayo, on the other side of Entire Rios. It's 7 blocks from Oba Oba, but the neighborhood in front of the Capital building is decidedly better than the neighborhood behind the Capital building.

Thanks,

Jackson

Vampiroeua
05-18-06, 15:10
Is Oba Oba still in business. I haven't been there fore over three years, but I know it was in business in December of 2000 and in December of 2002. I would appreciate any word on it. Also if someone has any pictures of Oba Oba, I would love them.

Vampiroeua
05-26-06, 14:28
Has anyone been to Oba Oba lately? I am planning on going to Buenos Aires in a few months and I would like to know if it is still there. Also, I would give anything for some pictures of some of the girls working there.

Oba Oba used to have a sister club I think they were owned by the same person. It was located on Avenida Rivadavia but much further out west, Past where the A line of the Subte ends, probably up towards the 8 or 9 thousands.

Does anyone know any of this club and are there pictures to share?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

WorldTravel69
10-14-13, 18:12
Seismo posted.

"Oba Oba

Rivadavia 2434.

20 cover includes 1 drink, opens 10 pm.

Nice club, newly remodeled, good music, full bar and sadly a big selection of short, fat dominican chicas. There are on-site rooms, but I didn't inquire as there was nothing of any interest.

In most of these clubs the staff turns over frequently, so this place may be worth a look in 5 years.

This club should be named YUCK YUCK, not OBA OBA.

Stay away unless you like short, fat chicas."

Here is the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=217722955438416883460.0004e8b8f85a88fe183d2

Esten
10-15-13, 00:17
Funny you dug this up.

Just for fun, I went to Oba Oba with Lysander in late 2010. Pretty much as Seismo describes. Not a club with soft seats or a stage or anything. Basic wooden tables and chairs, bar, pool table, normal lighting. The chicas were friendly but middle-aged, heavier. Had a beer, only stayed half an hour. Went there hunting for hidden gems, no luck.

WorldTravel69
10-15-13, 03:16
Right now that sounds good to me.

"To each its Own".

If I was there I would pass also.

But I put it on the Google Map.

Funny you dug this up.

Just for fun, I went to Oba Oba with Lysander in late 2010. Pretty much as Seismo describes. Not a club with soft seats or a stage or anything. Basic wooden tables and chairs, bar, pool table, normal lighting. The chicas were friendly but middle-aged, heavier. Had a beer, only stayed half an hour. Went there hunting for hidden gems, no luck.