PDA

View Full Version : Getting a USA Visitor Visa

Thomaso276
04-25-06, 09:27
I had an interesting talk with another member the other day who told me a horror story regarding the pratfalls of trying to get a girlfriend a visa for the USA. Among other things, he recommended never signing off that the applicant had someone else fill out the form (there is a section asking if the applicant received help) and not attending the hearing with your girlfriend. He said it was his experience that the applicant has to do this all on their own, unless you are talking about a fiancee visa. His experience was that it is almost impossible to help or sponsor someone get a visa to USA for a short - sponsored trip.

Anyone have any success in this area? Any recommendations.

Thanks.

Exon123
04-25-06, 11:56
Thomaso276,

I've tried a couple times over the years with varrious Chica's.

Its next to impossible to get a Chica past the interview process.

Unless she has professional credentials, can prove that she is better off in Argentina than she would be in the USA, can speak English like a native born American, she's not getting into the country.

Its that simple, they don't want Chica's getting lost in the US economy and not returning, period end of story.

Its so frustrating that if I was ever to try again I think I'd just buy some forged documents and be done with it. But of course that could lead to some very serious problems, which if caught I wouldn't want to deal with.

Sex Prison is bad enough, but Federal Prison would be much worse.

At least you can "Jack Off" at your own leasure in Sex Prison.

Exon

Moore
04-26-06, 00:08
I've reposted below something that I wrote on the Passport Info thread several months ago. My single indirect "experience" with getting this visa is that although it is difficult and time consuming, it can be done in what I would consider a normal case.

One consideration here - an amazingly large % of chicas (mostly non-pros) I know here have Italian or Spanish passports. Or if they don't they are eligibile for one. One Argentine girl I know here has her Italian passport, but not her Argentine one. This obviously solves the visa problem - its worth asking them about it.

That said, I know an Argentine girl who went to the USA with her boyfriend about 2 years ago and spent about a month there. She told (complained to) me about the visa process and what a pain in the ass it was and how rude the US Embassy employees were. They asked tons of questions about her and her boyfriend and even told her that they were worried about her staying in the USA, but after 2-3 months she got the visa. She finished college about 5 years ago, is unemployed, and has no money. Unless things have changed since late 2003, I don't think the visa process is as impossible as you say.

Alan23
07-03-06, 01:23
Moore,

Just to add some clarification to your post, for the other members benefit. The possession of a Western European Passport (Spain / Italy / France, etc. Qualifies for "no-visa" required. This is a great no-brainer luxury.

Now for your example of the unemployed, no money, post-grad, girl: I can in no way know what her particular situation was, but can shed some light through experience. Children of well-connected / wealthy families can get visas easily. In this case it may have been that this girl met the US criteria of having "strong ties to her home country". This could have been through her family's status, and also the fact that her boyfriend is local would be a factor (no marry-able age girl will get in if her new boyfriend is from the USA - and she would not qualify for admittance on her own accord)

Interestingly you mention it took her 2-3 months for approval. The US Consulate approval period is normally 24 hours /72 hours max. You have interview one day - the visa is ready for pickup the next. They notify you of rejection either on the spot or next day, unless there was something in the submitted documentation that could not be verified.

Gentlemen, the long and short of it: the US government will have no part in listening to how you will sponser her. It will NOT work! No putting up a bond - nothing. If you attempt the process by the rules, you will end up totally frustrated, mad, angry, disappointed. All of this while your government is trying to grant amnesty to 12 million - who did not play by the rules.

Either enjoy your Argentinian, Costa Rican, Brazilian girlfriend locally - or get a European, Australian, New Zealand, or Japan girlfriend, who is visa exempt.

Alan

Moore
07-03-06, 02:29
Alan,

I thought my post was quite clear. The Argentine girl in question:

1) No money, unemployed as established.
2) Middle class family with no connections or special status.
3) Boyfriend was 100% anglo American.
4) Perfect marriage candidate - about 26/27, fairly pretty, indeed almost did marry this guy around the time of the US trip.

As mentioned, it took her several months, embassy visits, and interviews to obtain the visa. She was accompanied by the boyfriend during most or all of the process. They interrogated him fairly thoroughly as well - he was completing some wierd graduate degree project at the time which was what brought him temporarily to Argentina in the first place. Apparently, the embassy broke both her and his "balls", but the visa was granted in the end. That was my point.

It does seem ridiculous that people, often educated and skilled people, are not able to legally immigrate to the USA while millions of uneducated Mexicans arrive illegally and are then allowed to stay. They openly protest in the streets when the government insinuates that US immigration law might apply to them just as it does to all other foreigners. That's partially why Canada has become a popular destination for immigrants that don't just walk accross the Rio Grande with (understandably) no respect for US law.

Tinman
07-03-06, 03:46
Look into filing through a student exchange organization if they know or have a friend that knows someone who works for one of these places. They process it on your behalf remotely and you don't have to actually visit the Embassy in BsAs to do this. I'm not sure exactly how this works but have heard it's an easy alternative for getting a tourist visa to the States.

Hopefully this helps a little,

Tin.

Hound
07-03-06, 23:03
The best and probably the only way for most chicas in other than first world countries to get to N. America is on a fiancée visa (k-1) Good for 90 days. This site has all the answers and a few caveats.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

Hound