PDA

View Full Version : Grants - Las Heras and Ayacucho

Artisttyp
04-29-06, 18:20
There is a buffet called "Grants" on Las Heras right off of Ayacucho. I ate there they other night and they offer italian meats and cheeses with asian and argentine cuisine. Its not top quality food but equal to a buffet in Vegas. Drinks are extra but its worth at least a try. A few blocks from Jacksons apartment in Recoleta.

Moore
04-29-06, 18:59
Artisttyp,

Try La Bistecca (see thread). Its buffet style but the food/place/presentation is excellent and the prices are quite reasonable, especially during the week. Grants is a shithole, as previously posted. I live almost next door and wouldnt go back in that chinese-run cockroach dive if it was free.

Dodger Bulldog
04-29-06, 21:14
A regular (non-working) chica took me to Grants. I think she was trying to impress me with how "Americanized" she can be.

The food really sucked.

I did not want to insult her, but I imagine that when she realized that almost all of my dinner was left on my plate, she had to get the hint.

Oh well, we enjoyed each other's company. But I strongly recommend that you avoid this restaurant!

DB

Capt Dave
04-29-06, 21:21
One trick I have employed if you MUST go to a tenedor libre like Grants (there are others I enjoy more) is to get there when they first open. It helps if everything is fresh.

David

Hunt99
04-29-06, 21:34
I ate a small lunch there once a couple of years ago. Not high cuisine, by any means. Good price, as I recall. Basically it's just a place to go in lieu of hitting a fast food joint. And Moore, why don't you tell us how you really feel about Grant's? ;)

Jaimito Cartero
04-30-06, 11:53
Grants was one of the first BA buffets I went to. Jackson mentioned it when I was over at his apartment one time. It's a decent one, but pales in comparison to others in town.

Porteno is quite good, and there's one that Seismo told me about that I reported on in January that is even better.

Artisttyp
05-01-06, 22:27
Ok so I'm a cheap date. I rather enjoyed it but I will check out la bisteca. Anyhow I'm loving the food in general. Massage food booze screwing and shopping that just about describes everything up until this moment.

Hi Artisttyp,

I like Grants too.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackpot
05-02-06, 01:02
Grants was shut down in March due to hygiene problems.

First time in 2 years I've ever seen an eatery shut down in BA.

Don't have a clue to the violations but I suspect it was old, tainted food going on the table for its fifth tour of duty in so many days.

Suggest avoid.

Go to "Comer " 2 blocks away on Guido / Ayacucho for a good.

Feed and fresh food.

Jackpot