PDA

View Full Version : In search of beauty.

Amantelondres
05-04-06, 20:58
Broadcast today on BBC World Service. A different perspective!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/4969958.stm

El Perro
05-04-06, 23:34
Broadcast today on BBC World Service. A different perspective!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/4969958.stmI might have posted this joke before, can't remember:

Why do Argentines go outside when it's lightening?

They think God wants to take their picture.

Moore
05-05-06, 00:17
For guys that is. One thing I love about BA is that you can wear clothes that are so old that theyre about to be back in style retroactively, not bathe/shave for days yet enter the best restaurant in Puerto Madero a raggety mess and still be better groomed and more stylish than most Argentine guys. Even at the office here, its totally acceptable and normal to shave only once/twice per week.

This BBC guy talks about the obsession with the gym. How ridiculous - its rare to see a guy here who looks like he could do 15 push ups. Many would be lucky to see below their huge bellies.

Women are another story. They do spend hours on their appearance, but even they don't spend so much time at the gym.

Amazing that people will read a BBC story like this and actually believe it.

Rock Harders
05-05-06, 00:58
Mongers,

Moore is accurate when he says that the young Argie guys dress and act like slobs. I constantly come into contact with everyday Argie males whether it be my local friends, people at the gym, or the completely worthless young Argie males that come into my place of business- 99% of them are out of shape and unkempt. Even in the gym, 99% of the males that attend would look almost exactly the same if they did not bother attending the gym.

The women, on the other hand, do spend countless hours making themselves as beautiful as genetics (and plastic surgery) will allow. There is no denying it, the average quality of women here is above and beyond anything I have seen. The thing that is really striking about these ladies is how beautiful they remain and become upon entering their 30's, an age where US and other women normally become total fat pigs.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Marak5
05-05-06, 02:47
Mongers-

Moore is accurate when he says that the young Argie guys dress and act like slobs. I constantly come into contact with everyday Argie males whether it be my local friends, people at the gym, or the completely worthless young Argie males that come into my place of business- 99% of them are out of shape and unkempt. Even in the gym, 99% of the males that attend would look almost exactly the same if they did not bother attending the gym.

The women, on the other hand, do spend countless hours making themselves as beautiful as genetics (and plastic surgery) will allow. There is no denying it, the average quality of women here is above and beyond anything I have seen. The thing that is really striking about these ladies is how beautiful they remain and become upon entering their 30's, an age where US and other women normally become total fat pigs.

Suerte,

Dirk DigglerDirk.

Maybe its just me but I find ladies in their upper 30s, 40s, and even 50s to be very pleasant looking in Buenos Aires. I am very attracted to the maduras.

Marak

Judd
05-05-06, 07:13
Are from the City of Cali, Colombia. Abnormally high girl to guy ratio. Every dude in that city has a harem of girlfriends. The chicas have these incredibly round assess and they have a beautiful semi-dark skin tone. I haven't been, but I'm sure there's cities in Brazil like this.

BA, on the other hand, I don't think has as high as capita of hotties as in Colombia or Brazil. It's just such a huge city that you can find whatever type of chica your into. I think the city is heaven for someone like, Moore, who admittedly digs the earthy looking chicas. Those chicas are everywhere.

I've noticed the mature women around the city not aging terribly well. I suspect this is the result of copious amounts of exposure to the Sun, smoking, and city pollution.

The dudes in Argentine are a curious bunch. They tend to be thin and dress like Ferris Bueller. Really, the 80's look with the argyle sweater draped over a polo shirt is alive and well in BA. With that being said, I like the Argentine dudes, because they're very cool to hang with, like rock-n-roll, and have always been helpful to me.

Judd