PDA

View Full Version : Thelonious Jazz Club

Lochdhu
05-18-06, 15:56
Hello All,.

I know this is off the beaten path or off topic, so feel free to delete or move this post someplace else Jackson, As I couldn't find the proper place to post it. I also didn't find any posts that mentioned this place below.

While on my trip in BA, I had the pleasure of meeting some fine chicas. One had really caught my eye, and we clicked well, Saturday she called me up, and asked me if I wanted to go to a Jazz club, being a music lover of all types, (except rap) I quickly agreed, she came by, we grabbed a taxi and headed to a Jazz club called Thelonious, you can find the info here www.thelonious.com.ar,

It's very cozy, good ambience, with lounge type seating, (reservations recommended for good seating)

The Band that played the first set was Juan Cruz De Urquiza, they played quite well after they warmed up after the first song. Show started at 10pm, in which they played for an hour, took a break, then played for another hour, then a second band set up and played there stuff, I was impressed by the band, and this Jazz club, to me it was one of them hidden gems off the beaten path, I absolutely loved this place, by 3am I was feeling tired and pretty buzzed, so we left, went back home, did the deed. And crashed.

I know there are probably dozens or possibly hundreds of these Jazz clubs in BA, so I have nothing to compare them to, except the occasional Jazz band appearances up here in Boise Idaho.

They serve good drinks, wasn't expensive, between me and the girl, we drank 6 beers, and 6 tequilas, 2 bottled waters, had some finger food pizza's, (which was the best pizza I had) all for 72 pesos, not sure if this is considered expensive or not, but it didn't matter, other than banging chicas, this night was the real highlight of my trip, as it was my first time in BA, entrance fee to the club was 6 or 9 pesos per person, not sure, as I forget.

As a side note, the place was packed, I think the capacity of this small club was around 60 people. Most were couples there, but I did spot a few good looking chicas there, not sure if they were working girls or not, as it didn't matter to me, as I had a chica with me that night.

So if you're a fan of Jazz, or Jazz clubs, I recommend this place to anyone. You'll be sure to have a good evening of some fine jazz music.

I was also surprised by the fact, that everywhere I went, all the restaurants and clubs would fill your shot glass to the rim, sometimes over flowing, unlike what they do here in the USA. And only fill your glass up to the 1oz line of you glass. Anyway, do what you like with this post if it doesn't fit the guidelines of the forum. Just reporting on a cool experience I had at this place.

El Perro
05-18-06, 16:04
Lochdhu,

Thelonious has been mentioned a time or two on the board. If you like jazz and the upscale vibe, you will probably like Notorious as well. It is a jazz club / restaurant / music store on Callao. There is a thread on it under "restaurants and bars".

Lochdhu
05-18-06, 16:28
Lochdhu,

Thelonious has been mentioned a time or two on the board. If you like jazz and the upscale vibe, you will probably like Notorious as well. It is a jazz club / restaurant / music store on Callao. There is a thread on it under "restaurants and bars".Thanks, thats good to know. My aplogies then if this has already been dicussed.

Member #4110
05-19-06, 22:51
Thanks to Lochdu and d-boy for the tips on jazz bars. Valuable details, Lochdu, for everyone who has not read every post on this Board over the past years. I've copied down the information for my next trip to BA.

Lochdhu
05-19-06, 23:15
Thanks to Lochdu and d-boy for the tips on jazz bars. Valuable details, Lochdu, for everyone who has not read every post on this Board over the past years. I've copied down the information for my next trip to BA.You'll enjoy this place, trust me!

El Perro
06-30-06, 02:04
I checked out the "Aretha Franklin Tribute" tonight at Thelonious. Damn entertaining. Young, full of energy chick singers, with a very good back up band. 12p entrance. Not a place to have dinner. Snack food only. Not upscale on par with Notorious by a longshot, but not a dump either. A bartender told me the Aretha tribute has been going on every Thursday for three months. Here's the link:

http://www.thelonious.com.ar/english/index.html