PDA

View Full Version : Any good seafood restaurants?

MightyMouse
05-21-06, 13:33
Hello all.

I know its silly to ask. I just want to make sure if there are any good seafood restaurants? I know the best place to get them if you are on an island in the caribbeans or any other islands around the world. I always want to check to make sure they have good selections of seafood like crab legs, whole lobster, shrimps, scallops, mussels and etc. You get the idea. I really love crab legs and lobster tails:)

Cheers.

Dickhead
05-21-06, 15:30
Good seafood can also be had at:

Viejo Teodoro in Arenales near Uruguay.
Vasco Fermin in Moreno 1356
Jose Luis in the 400 block of Quintana

Stormy
05-21-06, 17:24
Oviedo at Beruti and Ecuador has excellent seafood.

Exon123
05-21-06, 19:38
My favorite is Porta Crystel in Porta Madero.

Exon

Hunt99
05-22-06, 10:48
Exon,

You must have been draining the Beefeater bottle again when you visited Puerto Cristal.;) That's the worst restaurant I have ever eaten at in Buenos Aires. I think Jackson and the third monger who ate with us one evening several months ago would share that opinion.

I am actually interested in this thread, as I really don't know any exceptional seafood restaurants in Buenos Aires. Which is strange, as it sits on the Atlantic Ocean. Plenty of good sushi places, check my reviews for those.

Moore
05-22-06, 15:55
Buenos Aires sits on the Atlantic Ocean. Say what? ......

Dickhead
05-22-06, 16:36
It's good to hear Buenos Aires is on the ocean. It must have some really nice beaches, like in Mexico. Probably a lot of great spicy food, too. I love the tropics.

Exon123
05-22-06, 17:33
Frankly speaking theres something about South American fish that I just don't like. I think its perhaps then don't have the refrigeration we do here up North.

Also South Atlantic or Pacfic in the case of Chile don't taste as good as our North Atlantic fish.

And yes Buenos Aires is located on a River.

Exon

El Aleman
05-22-06, 18:34
And seafood is one of the few things that are really better in Chile.

Machas!

Btw. Sorrento at Ritero (under the 9 de Julio bridge) has a decent selection.

El Aleman

Moore
05-22-06, 18:39
Good paella can be easily found in Argentina. However, Argentina has the highest beef consumption per capita in the world and, from what I've seen, Argentines are not too keen on seafood, generally speaking. That's one of the the reasons I like them.

Even in Mar del Plata, which actually is located right on the Atlantic and has a sizeable fishing industry (a key industry there IIRC) people eat very little fish. They still prefer cows, pigs, and pasta as do I. No fish will ever touch my grill or my plate.

Better off in Brazil if you like fish and fruit and tropical drinks and gang-controlled cities. Maybe my preferences will change one day. I used to hate cats but am now a cat lover.

Bowdie
05-22-06, 19:30
I have looked all over Argentina along the coast for a good seafood resturant and have only found one in Purto Mardyn it was years ago and the name has left me but the area is a top seafood suplier to Argentina and the world.

In Argentina they catch in the south a good scallop, king and snow crab both, Seabass (tooth fish) which is a top white meat fish, king clip and whiting and my favorite Argentine Pink Shrimp (cold water just like lobster meat from New England.

Bowdie

Dickhead
05-22-06, 23:22
One big difference between meat and fish is that if you beat your fish it will die.

Hunt99
05-23-06, 09:25
But more to the point, do any of you know the whereabouts of a good seafood restaurant in Buenos Aires?

Sincerely,

H99

PS - Some imaginary line on a map demarking "the ocean" from "the river" doesn't turn Buenos Aires into a real river city like Cincinnati.

Moore
05-23-06, 17:34
PS - Some imaginary line on a map demarking "the ocean" from "the river" doesn't turn Buenos Aires into a real river city like Cincinnati.I'm fairly certain that it's not an imaginary line but will confirm with a local geographer. Take a flight from BA to Mar del Plata and get a window seat on the left side on a clear day. The end of river and beginning of ocean looked pretty clear to me.

Rock Harders
05-23-06, 18:27
Mongers-

I think that the Punta Del Este peninsula (northeast of Montevideo) in Uruguay marks that farthest extreme of the Rio De La Plata. I recall that the Playa Mansa was located on the Rio De La Plata (the water warmer, looked like river water, and there were no waves) whereas the Playa Bravo, on the other side of the peninsula, was located on the Atlantic Ocean (this was obvious, as there were 3-5 foot waves, people trying to surf, and the water looked / felt just like the water on the Jersey Shore)

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Dickhead
05-23-06, 18:35
Our formal dining room seats twelve comfortably and there is an excellent fish market nearby. Even if one is not a mansion guest, one could rent the facilities and have a great seafood dinner at a fraction of the cost of say Oviedo. And, you can have topless waitresses. Hell, you can have butt naked waitresses although I would not take responsibility for any hairs you might find in your food. Maybe have butt naked waitresses with shaved pussies just to be on the safe side.

Stormy
05-23-06, 20:08
While I do believe that an excellent seafood banquet could be held at the mansion, it is difficult to make any comparison with Oviedo because I have never seen any nudity at Oviedo. In fact, a generous tip is accorded all waiters who keep their pants on. With the girls at the mansion, the opposite seems more the style.

MightyMouse
05-25-06, 21:58
Thank you all for the info. I figure its going to be hard to find a good seafood restaurant. I know I can't have it all but at least I now know from you all. Muchas gracias amigos:)