PDA

View Full Version : Mangiata

Moore
05-27-06, 00:08
Av. Angel Gallardo 1008
Villa Crespo/Caballito area, about 5-7 minutes before Envidia
Tel 4982-6843

I've had a few lunches here. I noticed it driving by on my way to Envidia, its right on the main route. I liked the way it looked from the street and it was always full so I gave it a try. Recently I had a dish they call bife a la pepe. It was a peppered half bife de chorizo (250 grams) topped with bacon and with a side of light demiglace sauce, mushrooms, onions, potatoes, and tomatoes - it was damn good. When I walked in I saw someone else eating it and asked the waiter what it was. It happened to be on the lunch special list - p19 for an apertiv, wine, salad, the main dish (many options), and a coffee. Pretty friggin cheap. A regular size bife de chorizo - 500 grams there - goes for p18 on the regular menu. The mixed salad was fresh and the coffee was great, which is not a given at many places (ehem old yellowish tomatoes at El Yugo). Also, the full size bife de chorizo is closer to <300 grams at many places (La Gran Taberna, El Yugo).

Its a good mid-level place, nothing chic or faggoty. Great service and I like the regular decor. At least worth checking out on your way to Envidia. To give you an idea of the distance, the taxi fare is about p10 to get to the restaurant.