PDA

View Full Version : Import Duties

Easy Go
05-29-06, 02:46
Does anybody know the particulars related to Argentine import duties on personal gifts? I normally just bring small things and don't give the matter any thought but this trip I'm bring down a couple of bulky items that might bring up the issue. They are inexpensive household goods ($US250 total) so even a 50% duty would not be a big deal. I just hate surprises.

I recall that the Argentine entry form had something about an allowance for gifts but I never paid any attention to the exact amounts.

Thomaso276
05-29-06, 10:44
Up to $300 of NEW purchases are duty free, it does not matter if they are gifts for others or your own things; plus you can add another $300 for any items bought at the duty free shop in USA airport. So a total of $600 is possible.

Bring your receipts if you think it will be a problem.

Daddy Rulz
05-29-06, 11:44
Up to $300 of NEW purchases are duty free, it does not matter if they are gifts for others or your own things; plus you can add another $300 for any items bought at the duty free shop in USA airport. So a total of $600 is possible.

Bring your receipts if you think it will be a problem.I just open the boxes and have never paid duty. Thomaso knows what He's talking about and perhaps I have gotten lucky. Last time I came through I had two laptops, my desk top including 17 flat panel. A bunch of flash mem, my camera, and a few mp3 players. Told them I was going to be staying here a few months of the year and was buying an apartment. I'm thinking about trying that with a 32 inch plazma on the next trip.
Here is the website for the duty free at EZE so you can decide what you want to buy there or bring in. http://www.freeshop.com.ar/primera.htm