PDA

View Full Version : Mexican place on Rod. Pena

Slugfest
06-04-06, 14:28
It's between Santa Fe and Arenales, 2 doors down from Cumana, which was packed so we ended up at this place. Unfortunately I don't remember the name. I don't think it was Pancho's or El Chico. Anyway, the food ranged from passable to good, while our waiter blew dog. We shared a queso fundido with chorizo, which was perhaps a little thin in the consistency department but still good with the homemade tortillas. The tacos al pastor are tiny but apparently tasty, and my "chilaquiles" just simply weren't chilaquiles.

They also have MX beer- Negra Modelo and Corona. To make a short story shorter, I might go back, but I doubt it. Is there another Mexican place in town?

Dickhead
06-04-06, 14:49
"El Salto de las Ranas" = frog jump. Thread already exists. Place sucks as far as I am concerned.

Moore
06-04-06, 19:03
It sucks. I have yet to find Mexican food outside of USA.

Dickhead
06-04-06, 20:43
I heard of a place on Cabildo near Lacroze where they have homemade tortillas. It is on the even numbered side. I'd remember the name if I heard it. Maybe some reconnaisance is needed.

Jaimito Cartero
06-04-06, 21:05
It sucks. I have yet to find Mexican food outside of USA.Well, I've had good Mexican food in Mexico, but I'm sure I'm just being a smart ass with that comment.:)

There are vast areas of the US that I won't even eat Mexican food in. I remember in the 80's I was going through Montana and made the mistake of stopping at a Mexican restaurant there. Makes Taco Hell look like Emeril's.

I won't even go into some of the Mexican food I've had in Asia. Too painful.

Slugfest
06-04-06, 21:55
Well, if anyone wants to investigate the place on Lacroze that Dickhead referred to, let me know.

ComeOnDown
06-04-06, 22:39
The restaurant that DH is referring to is MOLE which is on Cabildo why Virrel del Pino. This place started as a takeout place and later expanded into a restaurant. Well, as always its Mexican food - Argentine style which is to say that it is not that good but passable if you are not Mexican.

Dickhead
06-05-06, 00:17
Yes! That is the name. So maybe not worth bothering with except to get tortillas.

Daddy Rulz
06-05-06, 19:24
The restaurant that DH is referring to is MOLE which is on Cabildo why Virrel del Pino. This place started as a takeout place and later expanded into a restaurant. Well, as always its Mexican food - Argentine style which is to say that it is not that good but passable if you are not Mexican.I've eaten there a few times, it's argey as COD says, the tortillas are passable if you want to buy them and make better at home. The tostadas are kinda thick, the hot sauce is well not hot but if you slice up some japs (they have them pickled not fresh) it's ok. All in all if your jonesing it'll take the edge off but it's not TexMex, but then again it's not in Texas. Three blocks or so past Lacroze on the way towards the Mansion on Cabildo.