PDA

View Full Version : The dining room in the mansion

Genghis Khan
06-13-06, 09:29
I found this description of a restaurant in BA on the web. Does anybody have an address or a phone number?

"Dining in Buenos Aires Naturally, there are fine French and International restaurants in Buenos Aires. Undoubtedly the very best of these has the rather unusual name of "The Dining Room in the Mansion". The Mansion is an exquisite, French-style building that had been the home of one of Argentine's elite land-owning families. The dining room is decorated in dramatic French-Rococo style with high ceilings, warm oak paneling, a large, open fireplace and original parquet floors. Unique silver and antique tableware combine with the decor to create an air of elegant splendor. The restaurant offers cuisine that would honor any of the top Paris restaurants and the people who enjoy it are the likes of Argentina's President Menem or Kerry Packer, the Australian megamillionaire who comes to Buenos Aires to cheer on the leading polo team he owns there. International bankers, Argentina's top Industrialists and their international counterparts and leading Heads of State dine here while in Buenos Aires. "

GK

Amantelondres
06-13-06, 10:12
Almost certain it's the annex to the Four Seasons hotel (ex Hyatt) and which is near the French Embassy. And talking of Hyatt, I rang to see when they were opening and they told me the 28th June. Could be a special night for a rich monger wanting to impress his tart!

Amantelondres
06-13-06, 10:14
But don't be put off by the fact that "Argentina's President Menem" is president no longer and "Australia's Kerry Packer" is now dead!