PDA

View Full Version : Moliere

Slugfest
06-18-06, 21:10
This is a split-level restaurant on Juncal, between Talcahuano & Libertad. I've been here numerous times, for lunch, dinner, afternoon snack, and late night for a beer or two. It seems to be popular with the business crowd for lunch, when they offer a special including appetizer, main course, drink and dessert for 17 pesos. Yesterday (Saturday) I went for lunch and had an excellent bife de lomo w / fries, flan and a couple of chopps (Quilmes) for 40 pesos, to give you a better idea of the prices.

It's not a place to get rowdy. Lots of old folks seem to like it. However, I give it a thumbs up.

GoodGuy
04-06-11, 18:43
This is a split-level restaurant on Juncal, between Talcahuano & Libertad. I've been here numerous times, for lunch, dinner, afternoon snack, and late night for a beer or two. It seems to be popular with the business crowd for lunch, when they offer a special including appetizer, main course, drink and dessert for 17 pesos. Yesterday (Saturday) I went for lunch and had an excellent bife de lomo w / fries, flan and a couple of chopps (Quilmes) for 40 pesos, to give you a better idea of the prices.

It's not a place to get rowdy. Lots of old folks seem to like it. However, I give it a thumbs up. Gents!

Had the pleasure of trying the lunch menu at Moliere, on Calle Juncal 1293 (Barrio Norte) today.

Excellent food and great atmosphere (I like the French brasseire style and the dressed crowd).

It makes me feel at home.

The set-price was fantastic at 42 pesos. Starter, main course, desert, soda / water / juice to drink plus tee / coffe afterwards.

And the great atmosphere comes for free. If I was a resident in BA, this would probably be my second home.

I mean it.

So if you haven't tried it yet, give it a try to see if you like it or not.

Greetings, Goodguy aka Ken Apples.

Webpagelink:

http://moliere-cafe.com/

Slugfest
07-09-11, 21:32
I was nostalgic for this place after a long absence. I showed up around 8:00 one night, and they were only offering snacks, so I settled for an absolutely awful lomito completo. That and a Stella Artois cost 44 pesos. I winced when I noticed that a full meal cost me 40 pesos five years ago.