PDA

View Full Version : Hotel help?

Frostillicus
06-22-06, 18:27
Hey, guys!

Just a couple of questions.

I've decided to take my first trip to BA in August, have narrowed the hotel choice down to either Etoile or Ayres de Recoleta. I've done a search, but not a lot of info on either. Which would you recommend for a newbie? Do hotels in BA generally have safes in the rooms?

I'm looking forward to see how BA compares to Costa Rica!

Thanks in advance!

Stormy
06-22-06, 23:51
Unless the Etoile has completely refinished it's rooms, it is a terrible hotel, though the location is good for the recoleta clubs. Frankly, Jackson's apartment is just down the way and is a lot better deal. I don't know the other hotel you mentioned.

Flexible Horn
06-23-06, 02:44
Hey, guys!

I've decided to take my first trip to BA in August, have narrowed the hotel choice down to either Etoile or Ayres de Recoleta. I've done a search, but not a lot of info on either. Which would you recommend for a newbie? Do hotels in BA generally have safes in the rooms.

Thanks in advance!Yes, the 3 rooms I have used at the Etoile have had safes and as previously stated the hotel is in serious need of a refit.

FH

Daddy Rulz
06-23-06, 06:37
Hey, guys!

I've decided to take my first trip to BA in August, have narrowed the hotel choice down to either Etoile or Ayres de Recoleta. I've done a search, but not a lot of info on either. Which would you recommend for a newbie? Do hotels in BA generally have safes in the rooms?

I'm looking forward to see how BA compares to Costa Rica!

Thanks in advance!But for awhile people were posting that the Etoile was not very chicka friendly anymore.

Bandy
06-23-06, 17:24
Frostillicus,

Take Ayres de Recoleta (Don't pay more than USD 90.00 including tax). I had been to both, and these days, Ayres de Recoleta, is a better choice.

Etoile got insanely expensive for their Diplomatic suite, the only one I am interested in.

I understand that for a first timer, hotel is a better option. However, if Jackson's apt. is available and you are comfortable staying in an apt. then this option strictly is a no-brainer.

I'm looking forward to see how BA compares to Costa Rica!There is no comparison. I will let you find out first hand, the final result. If you are wondering, I had been to Costa Rica five times!

Bandy

Orang05
06-24-06, 01:36
I second Bandy's Ayres recommendation. I was in B. A. in April - first visit - and found Ayres quitre acceptable: Pleasant & quiet rooms, good value (I paid US$82) friendly and helpful staff (someone on staff was having a birthday and they brought me up a piece of cake! Incredible location (heart of Recoleta action, with many restaurants and pubs scattered around the neighborhood) handy internet with their desktops (I do not carry a laptop) and very, very guest friendly. It was ideal for me as a first-timer. I am going back to B. A. In the autumn (AR's spring) and will stay in an apartment, now that I know the drill and the landscape. It will be in Recoleta - I like the area and it is central to the center and micro providers.

Foghat
06-26-06, 17:47
The Art Hotel 1268 Azcuenaga is nicely decorated, chica friendly. Very nice staff, $ 65 U. S. For a small and cozy room. Rooms are nice. Good breakfast.

Foghat
06-26-06, 17:51
Hotel Dora is an antique looking hotel with very helpful staff. Chica friendly in good location near Hook, Ness, Cattos. Rooms $65 U. S. Per night.