PDA

View Full Version : RODIzinho - 1290 Callao - Recoleta

Alan23
06-26-06, 20:52
RodIzinho la herencia.

1290 Callao - Corner of Callao why Juncal.

Stopped in today for their Express Lunch (Menu Ejecutivo) Wow, very nice atmosphere, white table cloth, etc. Beverage, main course + salad, dessert, hot bread, all for 15.90, including service fee. Available Monday to Friday 1200-1500.

Main course is a portion (grande) of your choice of beef, chicken, pork. Service was impeccable, definitely a repeat for me.

Enjoy - this place is a winner!

Slugfest
06-26-06, 22:57
I had lunch there on a Sunday about a month ago. They were serving meat on the spit, Brazilian churrascaria style, along with the mega-salad bar. Is there a different set-up on week days?

It was excellent, by the way.

Capt Dave
06-27-06, 00:56
Rodicio has 2 other locations, one in Puerto Madero and one in the Costanera, both of which are MUCH better then that silly one in Recoleta!

The best is the Costanera one (on the other side of Jorge Newberry Airport -probably a 10 peso cab ride from downtown)

They have one of the most impressive "salad bars" I have ever seen anywhere. I put quotes around it because although they have plenty of salad stuff the also have sushi, smoked salmon, LARGE boiled shrimp, and all kinds of other expensive stuff. The meat is not great, but pretty good, and includes beef (several different cuts), pork, chorizo, chicken and goat (chivito)

It ain't REAL cheap - last time I was there (a few weeks ago) it was about 45 pesos / person, but that includes one of their deserts which are also pretty impressive. Wine is extra, as are (I think) soft drinks.

The one in Puerto Madero is closer, but not quite as impressive, although still LOTS better then the RodiZinho.

Do yourself a favor and try one of them next time.

BTW, the Costanera is also home to one of BsAs's most impressive steakhouses, called "Aquellos Anos", which is also well worth a visit.

David

Moore
06-27-06, 01:14
I've been to the locations in Recoleta and Costanera ONCE EACH which should tell you something.

The one in Recoleta sucks IMO. The food was not good and the little place itself is a borderline shithole. Great location though.

The branch in Costanera is impressive looking, especially the salad bar. But overall the food is not good. Overpriced and not worth visiting unless they have a 10 peso salad-bar-only option for brunch.

Go to Spettus if you want a good Brazilian churrascaria place.

Alan23
06-27-06, 10:30
The Monday to Friday offering is same, except they serve you (meaning one portion of everything versus multiple trips to salad bar, etc. They will bring you whatever you want in your salad.

The portion of meat was plenty, as they keep slicing until you say stop.

The choclate mousse was very rich, I will try the flan next time.

Alan23
07-19-06, 15:59
This restaurant has changed ownership last week. There was no signage up as of yesterday, so will report back when they get the name posted. There are a few changes - which I consider to be improvements:

Lunch Monday to Saturday 12:00-15:30

15p without beverages, 20p with unlimited non-alcohol beverages.

Dinner is in the 25p to 40p range, same setup with beverages.

All meals include salad bar and dessert.

For those of you living in Barrio Norte (Sante Fe & Callao) this is what I consider to be decent quality and a good price for all the meat you care to eat.