PDA

View Full Version : Rubia y Negra--brewpub / restaurant

Hound
07-14-06, 12:57
After a conversation with the bartender at Bullers about brewpubs I left with the impression that Bullers was the only one in town. Not so. I've been to Rubia y Negra twice. Eight selections available. Offerings on a menu in Spanish and English include stout, trappist abbey cream ale and a barley wine, this at 12% alc by volume. Half-pints at 10p, full pints at 13p. The bar is about 30ft long that people actually sit at and two facing dry bars with about 12 barstools. Beyond that there is very comfortable seating at couches and low tables. The food offering is mostly sushi with a few non-sushi apps. Relatively dark, high ceilings, subdued lighting. Upstairs. No pool tables. Some jazz being played that could have been louder, imo. Doesn't appear to be a pick-up place. Take a chica or just go to drink and eat. Raucous it's not. Colombian owned Iwas told.

1630 Libertad.

Upstairs

El Perro
07-14-06, 14:42
Hound,

Thanks for the post. Sounds like a possible oasis in Recoleta, though no pool table hurts. Not too many pool players in Argentina, it seems. I wonder how late this place stays open and whether or not there might be some non pro action late at night. At least it's a little off the Recoleta tourist path. Nice handle by the way.

Dogg

MiddleAgeGuy
07-14-06, 18:21
You are right, I know the Colombian owner who prides himself on the great beer had there. When he told me appoximately where it was, I waked down most streets between Posadas and Libertador but missed Libertad when looking for it, (I had forgot the address but knew the aprox location. Thanks for the address. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your tastes, the name refers to beer types.

MAG