PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Pools?

Nevada
07-18-06, 14:56
Can anyone tell me about the quality and location of swimming pools? I'm a lap swimmer, and once I move to BA, would like to join a pool, with something like a monthly fee, etc.

Any one neighborhood better than others when it comes to indoor pools?

Gracias,

NV

Big Bob 7
07-18-06, 15:09
I used to be a member of a gym here called Megatlon. They have a lot of locations here around the city and a couple of them have pools. Now I just run in the park because I got tired of having to watch all of the musleheaded fags there flexing for each other. I tried to use the pool there once and I found it to be a big pain in the ass. First of all you have to have their Dr. check you out and then he sprays your feet with some kind of disinfectant and then you go up and share an olympic half-size pool with about a million people. I recently saw a news story about a kid who was mudered here and was a swimmer. They interviewed his swimming coach at the facility and it appeared to be a really good one with multiple pools and plenty of free lanes but I don't know where that place is or what the name of it is. So I know that a good place does exists I just am not sure where it is and if it is available to the public. Since the kid is dead there's even more space for you.

Dickhead
07-18-06, 15:14
Gym Le Parc on San Martín close to Tucumán has a pool.

Hound
07-18-06, 19:10
Yeah, the pool at Le Parc isn't bad if you MUST do laps but sizewise far from olympic credentials. There is also a rooftop solarium with lots of chairs for getting a few rays. I go here and haven't seen any guys of the limp-wristed persuasion. I believe there is also a pool in a large facility on Alcorta past Carrefour (Dos Amigos? But it may be outdoors. Maybe others can comment.

Thomaso276
07-18-06, 22:30
I have heard that the Sheraton on Libertador has some sort of pool club that you can join without being a registered guest.

Amantelondres
07-19-06, 06:14
So does the Claridge, and it's very good value. I think it's 200 pesos for a month, or 50 per day. It has a good buffet lunch and offers massage (regular, no hanky panky!)

World Traveler
08-21-06, 03:21
Are there any more tips on swimming pools? I know the member with lap swimming got his fix! How about where we could practice some water polo! Without membership. Would anyone be up to it?

Dickhead
08-21-06, 05:41
I think water polo is too dangerous. I've drowned like six or seven horses already.

Thomaso276
08-21-06, 22:12
Water Polo! I think the average member here is about 50 years old! We would not last 30 seconds in the shallow end.