PDA

View Full Version : Upscale leather briefcase?

SleepyRice
07-25-06, 06:34
Hello,

Looking forward to shopping for some leather goods. Got all the info on coats and shoes, anyone have a tip for a place that makes really hot leather briefcases? Looking for top grade, or custom work.

I'd love to find something close to some of the Swaine Adeney Brigg models. But that might be asking for too much.

Any advice?

Thomaso276
07-25-06, 12:28
Prices are high but on Marcelo T Alvear around San Martin there are lots of places catering to business guests at the Marriot Plaza Hotel. I live in the neighborhood and have noticed lots of briefcases - more so than Santa Fe or Florida.

Exon123
07-25-06, 13:01
SleepyRice.

Tomaso is right, the best one's I've ever seen in Buenos Aires are right in his neighborhood. There pricy but beautiful, real class.

Exon

Dickhead
07-25-06, 13:21
There's a whole area for leather on Calle Murillo in what I think is still Belgrano district. Could be wrong about the district but that is the street.

MCSE
07-26-06, 05:01
Murillo is located in villa crespo neighborhood, the 2nd jewish neighborhood, in fact a jewish church is located in the middle of two leather shops, and murillo used to be a great resource for finding good prices until travel agencies started to organize small travels to murillo, so today prices are not attractive, some good leather designers are findable in Santa Rosa Alley in Palermo Soho, also my favorite designer is Afra Cueros. My leather couch was imported from Italy but finished with argentinean best quality leather.

SleepyRice
07-28-06, 19:51
I can't get over the price, selection and quality of the leather here.

I purchased 2 pair of knock-out shoes from Lopez Taibo ($130) and may indeed go back for a leather briefcase ($280) and leather jacket ($500)

I was also was walking around and dropped into Cap Ferrat and found some great suit jackets - but at $220 thought maybe a tad high in price.

Overall great shopping, the shoes were dirt cheap (compared to the states) but the rest is still a bit pricey.

Thanks for the advice - I'll check out the briefcase areas you mentioned.

Hunt99
10-25-06, 13:18
Bump. Somebody is interested in this topic. Any updates would be welcome.

Jayf1970
12-28-06, 11:55
Haven't seen the quality, but they don't exactly sound like bargains basement prices.