PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Article - Sexual Aggressor in Recoleta

Jackson
07-29-06, 00:56
Greetings everyone,

I cam across a rather interesting article in this month's edition of Para Ti magazine. The article is titled Agressor Sexual en Recoleta (Sexual Aggressor in Recoleta) The article chronicles the story of a 42 year old American who was living in an apartment on Ave Callao in Recoleta. Apparently over a 2 year period he was placing classified ads in the local newspapers purporting to be seeking women to work as promotoras. He would then invite them to his apartment for an interview and photo session during which he would attempt to coax them out of their clothes, and on several occasions apparently raped them.

Finally, by the third victim's complaint the police decided to investigate. He was eventually arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced to 6 years in prison. After a couple of years he hired a new attorney (a real bulldog of a criminal attorney who I was actually introduced to several months ago) who either had his sentence reduced or overturned, I can't tell for sure because of my poor Spanish. In any event, the guy was released and is apparently still living in Buenos Aires, although not in his previous apartment.

There are a few things about the story that I can't figure out, probably due to my poor Spanish translation capabilities. For one thing, I'm curious as to why his name is nowhere in the article? In addition, how did he actually get released, and why didn't he get deported immediately?

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if anyone with better translation skills than me (which is everybody except Exon) would read the article and post some more details.

The article is several pages long, so expect it to take a minute to download. Also, for those who find the type to be a little small, I suggest that you utilize Internet Explorer's zoom feature to improve the article's readability.

Thanks,

Jackson

Sexual Aggressor in Recoleta (http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/images/pdf/ParaTiArticle-SexualAggressorInRecoleta.pdf)

=================================================

I don't know what's going on here, but just as I was uploading this thread, a local TV station was broadcasting a breaking story of the arrest of a 48 year old American by the name of Leonard Schwartz who had for the past several months been posing as a gynecologist. Apparently he knew something about the subject as he had setup a office and was actually seeing patients. Interpol was looking for this guy, and if I understood the story correctly, he had previous sexual assault convictions in the USA.

Jackson

Monger514
07-29-06, 12:53
He was sentenced to 4 1/2 years, it says at the top. I would be happy to translate some of it, though I imagine Dickhead would do a much better job than me.

Hobby Fan
07-29-06, 16:07
He was initially sentenced to 4 1/2 years. That got augmented to six years when substantial evidence of an additional, later rape was introduced during sentencing. There does not seem to be an explanation of why he got out in 2 years. Since he had to report to the Argentine consulate thereafter, I would guess he was released on parole.

Sounds like he had a pretty bad time with the other prisoners for 2 years. They had to move him between three prisons, as he was under an effective "death sentence" for rapists and in his case there was a lot of press about the "Yankee rapist."

From the article, this guy sounds like a monster and I assume he was a sexual predator. But false and twisted evidence can be elicited. All men should remember to NEVER "push" any woman to do anything sexual by any physical force or by intimidation. That is true even if she prior agreed to do so earlier and, in the mongering context, even if you paid her to do it. It is not worth the risk, regardless of your opinion on the morals.

MCSE
07-30-06, 14:52
Here is the news about Len Schwartz:

http://www.26noticias.com.ar/index.php?p=notadetalle&pp=ultimas&idNota=18080

By the way, the guy was posting on a forum about BA the past week, complaining about his landlord.

El Perro
08-05-06, 15:40
More news about Len Schwartz (with photo of the pervert) This is from a decent blog, and there is also an item about rising property prices in BA.

http://www.goodairs.com/

Ah, I see the same photo in previous post. Never mind.