PDA

View Full Version : NoAvestruz

El Perro
07-29-06, 16:06
This is an off street restaurant / theatre space in Palermo Hollywood-Humboldt 1857. Bohemian management (it appears) avant-guarde music and theatre offerings and rice / veggie type menu (not fully explored) No smoking. I didn't sample the food though it looked appetizing. Alot of wine drinkers. I didn't see beer number one. Pretty interesting space with bleachers (for viewing the show) as well as low slung couches and little tables for dining. I don't recall a sign outside though I might haved missed it. Recommended if you like doe eyed, all in black clad brunettes and you still have your beret somewhere.

http://www.noavestruz.com.ar/

StrayLight
08-31-06, 16:11
Recommended if you like doe eyed, all in black clad brunettes and you still have your beret somewhere.Well, I DO like doe-eyed, black-clad brunettes, and my beret is always close at hand.

This place sounded interesting to me from the initial write up in the BA Herald about the Zo'loka? Trio, and the web site makes it sound even more interesting. Got to get down there and check it out. Thanks for this preliminary sketch.

SL

El Perro
08-31-06, 16:39
Well, I DO like doe-eyed, black-clad brunettes, and my beret is always close at hand.

This place sounded interesting to me from the initial write up in the BA Herald about the Zo'loka? Trio, and the web site makes it sound even more interesting. Got to get down there and check it out. Thanks for this preliminary sketch.

SLYeah, as I posted elsewhere I missed the show over the weekend. Too bad. It is a groovy place. They will also send you a schedule of events if you sign up on the website. Many hepcats, though sprinkled with granny glasses. I guess there must be other places like this around, but I have not seen them. Perroandaluz in San Telmo is a little like this place, though the food there looks poor. Don the beret and the horizontal striped red / white pullover t shirt. Footwear should be pointy toed, black half boots a la Dylan, or high top Chuck's. No smoking, so leave the clove cigarettes at the pad. I suggest a beat up convertible Karmann Ghia for transportation with a psychedelic tableau painted on the hood featuring Che fingering a joint.

StrayLight
08-31-06, 18:37
...a copy of "Howl" hanging out of the back pocket.

SL.

...don the beret and the horizontal striped red / white pullover t shirt. Footwear should be pointy toed, black half boots a la Dylan, or high top Chuck's. No smoking, so leave the clove cigarettes at the pad. I suggest a beat up convertible Karmann Ghia for transportation with a psychedelic tableau painted on the hood featuring Che fingering a joint.