PDA

View Full Version : Need Help in staring a pub in Buenos Aires

Sac13
08-21-06, 03:54
Hi guys,

My first post. I want info on how much trouble there might be in putting a Pub-Bar in Buenos Aires. I was thinking about opening it in Villa Devoto, something small to start with. I want to know about coima and if anyone has ever been arrested because of drugs in the Pub-Bar. I know that sometimes cops place drugs inside so they pay more Coima. Help please.

Thanxs,

Steve

Spassmusssein
08-21-06, 18:47
If you got enough experience in running restaurants, aranging with clients and employees and the funny labour laws here, with inspectors and syndicates and neighbours and cartoneros searching your waste - why not also arrange with the cops?

If you are lacking this experiences - forget the idea and stay beeing client, it is much more fun and you will loose less money!

MCSE
08-21-06, 22:23
Hi guys,

My first post. I want info on how much trouble there might be in putting a Pub-Bar in Buenos Aires. I was thinking about opening it in Villa Devoto, something small to start with. I want to know about coima and if anyone has ever been arrested because of drugs in the Pub-Bar. I know that sometimes cops place drugs inside so they pay more Coima. Help please.

Thanxs,

SteveI've developed a business plan regarding opening a club in BA about 3 years ago, part of it is available to download in power point format. I have the whole business plan and I can make some improvements as new researchs upon request.

http://www.barts.com.ar/barts/biz_plan.php

Villa Devoto? Why?

Yes, you may have trouble with the police, but all depends on your management and depends on what kind of bar you want to open.

Fred88
08-21-06, 23:13
You can always see if Peter at El Alamo will share any of his experience in terms of setting up and running his operation in Barrio Norte. Otherwise, I think it would be pretty difficult to come in cold -- sort of like NYC. Not "bad," but very complicated and probably with the occasional tribute.