PDA

View Full Version : la Payuca / Santa Fe 2587

Seismo
08-22-06, 17:09
La Payuca / Santa Fe 2587

Great parrilla, average prices, great service. This place uses quality beef, as opposed to some of the other places I've been in.

Daily lunch specials between noon and 3pm.

There is another location at Aranales 3443, but I haven't tried that one.

Highly recommended!

JustGotBack
08-25-06, 00:37
I ate here tonight. It is everything Seismo says. I had the lomo and it was perfecto. When the waiter first brought it, I thought it was kind of puny and maybe he only brought me the mini. But about half way through, I wished I had only ordered the mini. It was thick. I had problems cutting it. The outside was seared to perfection yet the inside was so tender. It wasn't firm enough to cut easily. It kind of squished about. It was the best lomo I've ever had in BA. The place is packed. I was in line and they were turning people away. When I got up there the hostess was about to say no and she saw a table get up. She looked out the door to see if any of the people she turned away were still around, but they had left and she said I was lucky. Even when I left, there weren't any empty tables. Big big thumbs up.

AllIWantIsLove
02-01-08, 13:39
I want to add my recomendataion to Seismo's and add some information as well.

There's a web site at www.lapayuca.com (no ". Ar") Slow as molasses in January! But if you're really patient eventually a wealth of information shows up.

I too have eaten only at the Santa Fe 2587 location. There are two things in particular that I like about it. 1) I can order a 1/2 size portion of lomo. And 2) I can order Pinot Noir by the glass. (I prefer burgundy style red wines to the bordeaux style. Also, but less important, they have french fried sweet potatoes which I like. I had a salad last night for the first time and all of the greens were fresh and the tomatoes were perfectly ripe.

I did notice that on a Thursday night between 10 and 11 the place was certainly not packed. I had a 1/2 lomo, salad with two extra ingredients, and a beer for an even 60 pesos. I can't say how that would compare to other places of similar quality.

The Santa Fe 2587 location is between Pueyrredon and Ecuador. The Arenales 3443 location is between Bulnes and Jeronimo Salguero.

Bob

AllIWantIsLove
02-26-08, 11:09
Twice within the past two weeks I've had tough steaks at Payuca, the Santa Fe 2587 location. One was an ojo de bife and the other a lomo de bife. I mean these steaks were not only tough to chew but tough to cut, even with the steak knives they provide.

On the otherhand I had a chocolate mousse last night which I think was the best chocolate mousse I've ever had.

I'm not sure if I will go back or not, but if I do I will not be ordering steak.

Bob