PDA

View Full Version : Maluca Beleza

Strad
08-26-06, 15:27
I always wanted to check out this Brazilian joint. Arrived in taxi at outside of the door around 2am, ocean of teens around 15~16 of age, gathering outside trying to get in, did not even bother to get out of the taxi.

Maluca Beleza: Samiento 1728

Dickhead
08-26-06, 15:38
That is a very interesting method of checking a place out. I actually went in, and had a great time. And, it isn't expensive. The music is good. There are a lot of young people there but I also ran into one of my favorite hookers, who used to work at Hook, who is in her early 30s. I didn't see anyone in there who looked 15 years old. You think you are going to find a lot of live music venues that cater primarily to older people? That play current music and not jazz or classical? Good luck with that.

Strad
08-26-06, 16:11
Maybe it was a night in perticular for kids. My building and streets were full of kids wearing costumes.

Will try for that club at another time.

Bacchus9
09-11-06, 20:47
Check your concerns about age at the door, although if you're not under 40 you'll probably wish you were again. Great samba, dancing, and oh so many easy on the eyes chicas. On a Sunday night it was a younger crowd with some 'beat' and 'derelict' looking older guys who were mixing it up with the chicas.

Hard to imagine booking out of there with a chica unless you had a club look and liked to dance, they're all waiting to be asked to dance by a good dancer, but hey I've been surprised more than a couple of times here.

Along with the cool vibe the music isn't played at the threshold of pain either. Have a caiparinha, relax and check out a part of the culture seldom seen.

Mojokpr
09-12-06, 03:34
Hey,

I've gone here a number of times over the years and had a blast. I had a brazilena friend that I would go with on Sunday nights, a little less crowded and we would dance and have a blast. I'm in my late 40's, no problem.

It's not a hooker bar, if that's what you're looking for.