PDA

View Full Version : Cumana

JustGotBack
08-29-06, 17:34
Finally, I made it into Cumana. Sunday is your best bet. It doesn't fill up until about 9:30-10. My first thought while staring at the menu from outside was "Why is it so cheap?". I kept having that thought until I was out the door and down the street. It's not a fancy place, but looks as fancy as many places. They use paper table cloths and paper napkins but the atmosphere is as good as many restaurants. It's not a dive. You can get pizza here but I went for the Cazuelas. The northern Argentinian food. They cost about 4.50 - 6 pesos per dish. One is all you need. These things fill you up. Empanadas cost $1.50 or $1.80, I forget. My total bill for an Empanada, a Cazuela and a drink was 12 pesos. I also got some ice cream that blew out my bill to 16.30. Cheap and good. No wonder this place is picked as the best restaurant in the Recoleta area by travel guides. What else do you want? Check you bill carefully. They severely undercharged me and I had to get that straighten out with the waitress. Good Karma.

Oh yes, as reported by others, this place is overflowing with college age girls. Some dining along. If that bothers you, you should stay away.

Jbrlovers
08-30-06, 01:29
Sounds like my kind of place. Can you tell me where Cumana restaurant is located please?

Dickhead
08-30-06, 01:42
Rodríguez Peña between Santa Fe and Arenales.

Fretta
12-20-06, 15:16
I just love this place and go as often as I can.

I would go at three times the price.