PDA

View Full Version : Rumi Discotheque

SanteFe
09-01-06, 15:39
On the main street around the corner from the famous Nuevo Estilo Boliche. Quite a large place packed with an older crowd. The 40 peso with one drink included admission is a bit steep but the music was good and the vibe was excellent. Your free drink includes chandon champagne in its choices so that is a big plus. If you are in your forties you will not feel out of place here at all. The music played includes many hits of "your generation". The classic Newport technique of taking a girls hand and leading her to the dance floor (never found a girl in Newport who would refuse yet) works just a well here with a totally non pro crowd. Quite a few women go here with their girlfriends so good opportunities all around. The lack of price negotiations as the evening ends is much appreciated. Since we were so close also checked out NEB, 20 p admission with one drink included. Chica drinks 15 pesos, of which the chica gets 5p and your own drinks 10p.

Dickhead
09-02-06, 00:21
There are several discos in that neighborhood, which is why Nuevo Estilo suddenly and mysteriously fills up with boludos around 3 to 3:30 AM. It would be best to make a selection prior to that time. Also, it gets difficult to find cabs at Nuevo once all the aforementioned boludos show up.

Crusader
04-22-08, 18:12
Godamn taxi took me to that place on a sat night and I specificly said that I'm looking for a 25+ place. He says thats the place you wanna be in. I go in there and its a zoo of 20 years old and under. Now I got some information that its Thursday for the older crowd. Gonna hit it this Thurs and for Wed supposably museum is the place to be after 10 pm will be there too.

TejanoLibre
04-22-08, 20:13
Big One on Alsina St. Is a better choice on Wed. Nights.

It is an after office or happy hour spot for over 25 locals.

Starts around 6:30 p. M. Lots of coats and ties. No jeans allowed I think.

There will be over 4000 people in there by 10:00 p. M!

Same with Museum but the crowd is a lot younger. Well, not too much.

Still, Big One is worth while and you will meet local girls. Non-working types.

SPEAK ENGLISH LOUDLY AND OFTEN! Stand out and they will come!

Always happy to be of service.

TL

P.S - Jackets are not required but check on the jean rule . Too fucking hot in BA to wear a goddamn jacket !!!!! Year round just too much humidity !!!!!