PDA

View Full Version : Slingbox in BA

Ricardo
09-21-06, 16:19
Hola private members;

I wonder if any members have any experience with the Sliongbox technology using it here in BA?

A friend who will visit BA for four months starting in November is a sports fanatic. He is hoping to purchase the Slingbox equipment, connect it to his cable / Tivo system and using his high speed internet hookup here, be able to play his sports programs.

(Fortunately as a Red Sox fan he will not be depressed during his stay, as he should have begun his psychological recuperation by the time he arrives.

Penguin
09-21-06, 16:30
Yea, I have one in the states and occasionally use it to watch US tv. It works great. When I first got here I watched it more often but now I find myself rarely using it. Anyway, I have fibertel cable modem down here and DSL in the states.

Punter 127
09-21-06, 16:50
I also have slingbox, and it works well in BsAs, but who has time for TV with so many chicas?

Stormy
09-21-06, 19:00
I use one in BA, and it works well enough, with a one meg broadband connection that I pay a little extra for, but Punter has a good point; there are many other diversions here.

Damman
04-20-09, 01:45
Anything new on the Slingbox front? My best guess is it all revolves around bandwidth / speed. Not expecting HD quality, but something reasonable. If I understand it correctly, the weakest link is the "upload" speed, which I interpret, my cable provider in the U. S. Any tech info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stormy
04-20-09, 07:15
The bandwidth issue here in BA is certainly key. I'm on my third year with Slingbox in BA and am pretty happy with it. This year I upgraded my hardware and software at home and here in BA am getting more than 650 kps in my apartment consistently (not always true in the past) so that watching news and talk shows is very good and sports is decent. It is a long way from HD but then I'm a long way from home. That's about as technical as I can get.