PDA

View Full Version : Video Stores in BsAs

Malaga
09-21-06, 20:14
Anyone who knows of an video store with a nice selection of movies? I mean a store where they not only have the mainstream movies but perhaps some of the more odd stuff I see from time to time on imdb. Com. I have an membership at the Blockbuster at Juncal / Suipacha and the selection truly sucks. Perhaps a videostore outside one of the big chains is a better option?

Malaga

Thomaso276
09-21-06, 23:01
Go around the corner to Shortcuts - towards Sante Fe. I have been with them (first store on Callao) for three years. Zone 1 and 4 movies.

I think it is on Suipacha - It is on the same street as the police station, opposite side of the street about 50 meters before Sante Fe

ComeOnDown
09-22-06, 02:43
Junin street starting from Viamonte up to Corrientes has about 20 video stores carrying titles from all over the world. Most of the shops have in their stock hard to find movies from the fifties up to the present. All of the movies except for children's videos have audios in their original language (with spanish subtitles)

VHS tapes and DVDs can be either be rented or purchased.

Seismo
09-22-06, 04:25
On Sundays, in the park across from the Capitol, there are several vendors selling pirated dvds. These range from current movies to oldies, European, Argentinian and Hollywood. Prices average 5 pesos. Dvds, Vhs, and cds are available, along with several book sellers.

Malaga
09-23-06, 16:22
Checked out the one on Suipacha, Shortcuts, not very big and a bit more dificult to orientate yourself, but the selection was interesting so I will become a member.

Will check out Junin and the park as well. How's the quality of the pirated DVD's you buy in the park?

Thanks!

Malaga

Andres
10-28-06, 07:49
Anyone who knows of an video store with a nice selection of movies? I mean a store where they not only have the mainstream movies but perhaps some of the more odd stuff I see from time to time on imdb. Com. I have an membership at the Blockbuster at Juncal / Suipacha and the selection truly sucks. Perhaps a videostore outside one of the big chains is a better option?

MalagaLiberarte (Corrientes 1555)

Thousands of movies of European and American directors. I was flabbergasted after seeing a complete set of James Cagney movies there.

Students from visual arts institutes go there.

Most of them VHS tapes, few DVDs (as of late 2004)

Hope this helps,

Andres

El Perro
10-28-06, 10:59
The stretch of Corrientes between Ave 9 de Julio and Callao is full of video stores, music stores and book stores. Must be the mother lode. BTW, I watched "The Dreamers" by Bertolucci last night. Sublime, and that girl might have the nicest tits I have ever seen.