PDA

View Full Version : Ebay In Argentina?

Ampfofu
09-24-06, 03:31
I know ebay is global. Does anyone have any experience buying or selling goods with ebay in argentina? Just curious.

Easy Go
09-24-06, 03:56
I know ebay is global. Does anyone have any experience buying or selling goods with ebay in argentina? Just curious.I used Mercado Libre to buy a couple of copies of XP Home Spanish. No problem. Met the seller in person to exchange goods and cash.

Guiller
09-24-06, 11:12
I know ebay is global. Does anyone have any experience buying or selling goods with ebay in argentina? Just curious.Hi Ampfofu:

I've been buying and selling with eBay since 1999. I've made more than 350 transactions. About 5 of the items I was expecting never arrived: all of them sent by standard (not insured) USPS AND in the last two years (after the local post in Argentina restarted to be operated by the Argentinian State) One of the items I sent arrived but in terrible condition. Now I ask sellers to send my stuff insured: everything arrived but even for small items I have to go pick them up at the International Postal Center in Retiro, and pay a fee every time (50 % of the combined price + shipping charge figure)

All the best

Guiller
09-24-06, 11:16
PS: the most important local ebay-like pages are:

http://www.deremate.com.ar/
http://www.mercadolibre.com.ar/
http://www.masoportunidades.clarin.com/jsp/buscadorAvisos/home.jsp

All the best

Strad
09-24-06, 12:59
I am glad Ampfofu brought it up, I am also interested in SHIPPING FROM Argentina.

Once my apartment owner sent me back something I had left there, a small stuffed bag was purchased at Argentina Postal costed 5 pesos, and the Airmail Registered method was 29.25 pesos. That scale is about normal in the USA but I believe it is expensive to Argentinians.

Shipping from USA via USPS is very friendly, I can order supplies such as shipping boxes, tapes, stickers free of charge by calling USPS toll-free.

What about in Argentina?

Can I buy some small boxes (usually made of card boards) somewhere in BsAs as shipping boxes, or only Argentino Postal standard shipping boxes are allowed?

In the US, I am able to prepay online, print USPS shipping labels from home, my guess in Argentina we don't have such luxuary?

In Argenitna, is that correct that the only way of shipping a box to oversea is to go to the Postal, get in a long line? Do I have to show the content at the counter before I can seal it then ship it?

Someone please talk about it more.

Thanks!

Strad

Sky Ryder
09-24-06, 15:01
A friend of mine just sold a laptop on Meroclibre, the transaction went fine until he went to deposit the money in the bank. All nine $100 bills were fake, albiet very good ones. Just a warning!

Ampfofu
09-24-06, 16:40
I started this thread because I live in USA and I run my ebay operation here. I think I do very well considering it is only part time. I am looking into the possabilities of either selling goods in Argentina from usa or someone in argentina selling goods and I can become middleman. I know shipping can suck from usa considering the customs, but Every time I go to argentina it amazes me the mark up in argentina. For example, I was just in Buenos aires a few weeks ago, and I gave my best friends niece a dora the explora doll (I know why, that is what you are saying. I paid 24.99 for it here at toys r us, and we saw the same doll in the argentine toy store for like 250 pesos. Not to mention the Sony Playstations are so marked up also, and well everything that is from the USA. So I want to know if anyone has ideas on why it is like that and also if their is anyone in argentina who is looking for an american partner to see if their is any oputunities we can capitalize on.

El Greco
09-25-06, 12:05
Can someone pls help me to locate where exactly in Recoleta is the shop of this seller?

http://www.deremate.com.ar/accdb/ViewItem.asp?IDI=13371604

Coming down next week and I would like to get one of his MP4 players.

I don't like to register to this site just for that only.

Thanks

Thomaso276
09-25-06, 12:59
The price for that 1GB mp3/4 is very, very low. Be careful, it may be a misprint. Maybe 750 pesos is the price. 512 mp3's here are 300 pesos at every major electronic store. I cannot see how this one is only 75 dollars. In USA 1 GB mp3 are about 85 dollars.

El Greco
09-25-06, 13:58
The price for that 1GB mp3/4 is very, very low. Be careful, it may be a misprint. Maybe 750 pesos is the price. 512 mp3's here are 300 pesos at every major electronic store. I cannot see how this one is only 75 dollars. In USA 1 GB mp3 are about 85 dollars.Thank you Thomaso for your advice. That is one of the reasons I want to visit their shop. They claim to be 5 quadras from obelisco and one from sante fe but they don't give the exact location. Maybe the site prohibites them.

Jago25
11-03-10, 10:22
Bump!

Electronics seem to be marked up quite a lot. But what is the experience of customs here?

Justynthyme
04-28-12, 02:46
Hi,

I sold an item on ebay to a customer in Argentina. He initially told me paypal would not allow him to pay more than $600US to me. Then when I called paypal they said if he would confirm with his credit card / debit card, the limit would be taken off and he could pay more than $600US. When I emailed him this information, he wrote back saying it was'nt paypal but it was a problem with the federal tax administration of Argentina regarding policies related to currency, shipping payments abroad. My question is how can he send me the money so I can send him the product. American express money order, US postal money order, bank wire transfer, transferring money to my personal payment section of my paypal account? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. I hope I started this thread in the appropriate section. If I didn't, I apologize.

TejanoLibre
04-28-12, 02:58
Hi,

I sold an item on ebay to a customer in Argentina. He initially told me paypal would not allow him to pay more than $600US to me. Then when I called paypal they said if he would confirm with his credit card / debit card, the limit would be taken off and he could pay more than $600US. When I emailed him this information, he wrote back saying it was'nt paypal but it was a problem with the federal tax administration of Argentina regarding policies related to currency, shipping payments abroad. My question is how can he send me the money so I can send him the product. American express money order, US postal money order, bank wire transfer, transferring money to my personal payment section of my paypal account? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. I hope I started this thread in the appropriate section. If I didn't, I apologize.Forget wire transfers and think about Western Union.

Now, when this dumb ass Argie has to pay between 21 and 83% tax on your item he will be unhappy!

I have had items sent to me by Priority Mail that came straight to my house but if it is regular mail it goes through the customs office and they open it and make you pay a fucking duty!

Fuck the buyer!

Who cares?

Just remember that the tax man want's his part!

TL

Justynthyme
04-28-12, 03:49
Thank you. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think western union has a limit of $300us per person per month from Argentina. Still, I will look into it. I wonder if anyone knows whether he can mail me American Express travelers checks. Any help would be appreciated.

Forget wire transfers and think about Western Union.

Now, when this dumb ass Argie has to pay between 21 and 83% tax on your item he will be unhappy!

I have had items sent to me by Priority Mail that came straight to my house but if it is regular mail it goes through the customs office and they open it and make you pay a fucking duty!

Fuck the buyer!

Who cares?

Just remember that the tax man want's his part!

Thank you. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read that western union has a limit of $300us per person per month in Argentina. I will look into it still. I wonder if anybody knows whether he could mail me American Express travelers checks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

TL

TejanoLibre
04-28-12, 04:11
Thank you. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think western union has a limit of $300us per person per month from Argentina. Still, I will look into it. I wonder if anyone knows whether he can mail me American Express travelers checks. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sure that 2 or 3 people can send you a Western Union Money Gram to get around the $300.00 dollar maximum .

TL

Miami Bob
05-01-12, 02:07
Any suggestions. I purchased some jazz lp's that a poteno was selling on ebay. Smaller amount of money, but went smooth. Ipaid with paypal and the porteno shipped and I received the lp's as described. The seller was well reviewed with many such transactions.

Gandolf50
05-01-12, 07:17
Money Gram is much cheaper then WU. All your client has to do is go to the office with enough friends so that between them they can send the total needed. You might need to give them more then one name to send to though, I am not sure how that part would work.

Aqualung
05-01-12, 11:58
Be very careful what you send into Argentina. With the new restrictions on imports even the smallest package will go to the customs office and you will probably have to pay twice. There are also huge restrictions on sending money (US Dollars) out of the country. At the moment Argentines can't even extract US Dollars from ATM machines when outside the country unless they have accounts in local banks with similar amounts of US$. And those with Dollars in local accounts had better be able to prove how they obtained them. Also, who the fuck would put foreign currency into an account in an Argentine bank?

Kevins
05-01-12, 12:34
I received this month an android phone and two mp3 players from China to my door. All paid by pay pal.

Just don't buy too much at once

Santa
05-01-12, 13:04
Are there any restrictions on taking in excess of 10,000 USD out of Argentina if you are a US citizen?

Aqualung
05-01-12, 13:08
I received this month an android phone and two mp3 players from China to my door. All paid by pay pal.

Just don't buy too much at onceExactly. As long as they are small light packets. Anything over a pound is in danger of going into the clutches of the customs officials! Last week I was sent a notice that I had to go to customs for a packet sent to me weighing 800 grams. The notice I received was supposed to be the third and the limit I had to retrieve it expired in five days (Saturday and Sunday in the middle). I never received the first two notifications. I told them to keep it. I hope they got indigestion with the spicy cheese crackers a friend of mine's wife cooks and sends me now and then!

Aqualung
05-01-12, 13:19
Are there any restrictions on taking in excess of 10, 000US out of Argentina if you are a US citizen?I really don't know but I suspect that there are. You probably need a permit from the AFIP or something like that. There must be ways as people are still importing some things into the country. I was talking a few days ago with a chap that imports computers and hardware and he found that exporting local goods (honey in his case) was the way he could acquire US currency to pay for his imports. It calls for creativity!

Jackson
05-01-12, 13:58
Are there any restrictions on taking in excess of 10,000 USD out of Argentina if you are a US citizen?I flew out of EZE last week. Customs has a new sign at the exit queue advising passengers of the standard $10,000 USD maximum on undeclared currency. However, the sign further advises that any cash greater than $10k USD must be declared in its entirety (of course) and in addition must be entirely in Argentine pesos (ARS).

Imagine trying to exchange / unload $50,000+ Argentine pesos in another country.

ROTFLMAO!

Thanks,

Jackson