PDA

View Full Version : Piegari Piazza Baez 400.

BadMan
10-02-06, 23:38
Went into this restaurant, basically to get out of the rain today, when it really started pouring. It is a small place, maybe 12-14 tables on the first floor and probably just as many upstairs. I really liked the design. I ordered a ceasar salad and a "bife de lomo ala champinion" and some tea and some bottled water. The salad was pretty good, though I think they put too much Anchiovi paste in the dressing for my taste. But it was still good and I guess that all depends on personal preference. The steak was pretty good, but not as good as the steak I had last night, I just can't remember the name of that other restaurant. But anyways, the steak was ordered " A Punto " and it was just how I liked it. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate their steak at about a 6-7. The service was great and all in all I payed about $48 pesos, so just about 16 bucks for a huge steak that was pretty good a nice salad and some tea. I think its a nice place to go and try. They also have a lunch menu that is pretty cheap around 10-18 pesos for lunch specials. I think its worth a try if you are in the neighborhood.

I will probably go back next time I'm "caught in the rain ".

Badboy

BadMan
12-09-06, 21:14
I have been to this restaurant several times recently. I like the whole atmosphere and it is within a 5 minute walking distance from my house. I would suggest getting a reservation if it will be late in the evening, since it tends to get pretty packed by locals and tourists alike. My favorites are the Piegari Piazza Salad as a starter, it has avocado or " palta " as they say here in BA, and when seasoned with EVOO and some Achieto it tastes very good. Also their Spaghetti al Pomodorro, which isn't on the menu but they have no problem making, is also very, very good. They make very good steaks and their desserts are pretty good as well. The one thing that I find lacking is they don't make soups, I am not a huge fan of soups, but every now and then I like a nice minestrone or something just to switch things up. The average cost for dinner per person is about 50-60 pesos, more if you order wine and less if you don't indulge in the desserts. It belongs to the same chain of Piegari restaurants found in Recoleta. It gets my vote for one of the best italian joints in Las Canitas and anyone who goes to Las Canitas should check it out at least once.

This is their website:

http://www.piegari.com.ar/

Badboy