PDA

View Full Version : Best Cheesecake in BA?

Alan23
10-06-06, 00:35
Would be interested in locating some very good cheesecake in BA.

My definition of really good: A thick slice that is on the dryish side, not so sweet (so light and fluffy doesn't count in my book - but we all have opinions)

To date, the #1 location: McCafe's (6.00p, unless you are in Recoleta or a mall - where it is 6.50p. This is up from 5.25p two months ago)

I'm still searching. Would appreciate your findings.

Dickhead
10-06-06, 00:48
Try Las Esclavas on Juncal near Montevideo.

Thomaso276
10-06-06, 11:21
Concur with DH.

Stormy
10-06-06, 16:08
Graciela Franchisini, confiteria at the corner of Marcelo T. And Montevideo.

It is the light fluffy kind. (Only take out)

BundaLover
10-07-06, 18:42
There are 2 styles of cheesecake.

A) Italian or baked, contains eggs, possibly ricoata cheese. Typically drier and not too sweet.

B) That shit they serve in the US which is basically cream cheese and sugar with some sugar fruit crap on top.

Alan23
11-14-06, 16:20
Stopped by Las Esclavas on Juncal near Montevideo - they said they do not have "cheesecake" any longer. This is really starnge, or my spanish is worse than I think - which is very possible.

Let me know if anyone has had a piece from here recently, as they have always been out when I have stopped by.

Alan23
11-23-06, 15:45
Tried the ARIES CONFITERIA - 1215 Larrea - for cheese cake. Nothing short of terrible! Besides bad texture and taste - tasted like it had been drizzled with diesel fuel (hopefully very poor excuse of some type of liqueur)

Garito
11-23-06, 16:31
I recommend trying out the cheesecake here, but the real specialty of the house if the chocolate mousse cake (you won't regret it)

Garito
11-23-06, 16:33
Sorry. This coffee shop is located at the corner of Florida and Paraguay. It is a hangout and top meeting spot for businessmen in downtown.

Alan23
12-09-06, 06:01
Thanks Garito,

Have been there for their Rocotta style cheesecake in the past.

On your recommendation, went for the chocolate cake - WOW that is alot of Chocolate! Good, but probably best if you share it with someone - it's so rich.

What makes this cafe special are the waiters in the pressed white jackets, and their pride and style in doing their jobs.

Alan

Alan23
12-16-06, 20:32
Tried La Farola de Cabildo (2630 Cabildo) for a piece of cheesecake - really bad. All the cakes (tortas) looked niced, but the cheesecake did not cut it! Same old European thing: looks good - tastes bad, or is that something else I'm thinking of?

It's embarrassing that McCafe still holds the honor - at least for me, as I normally don't go into McDonalds.

Keep looking guys!

Alan23
02-26-07, 00:25
Freddo's - The ice cream shop has a very nice cheesecake, which is very similar to McCafe's except it is on a chocolate crumb base instead of gramcracker.

It is 7.00p per slice, except on Thurdays which is 50% off - if you have one of their discount cards.