PDA

View Full Version : Smoker friendly restaurants

FredCool
10-10-06, 00:25
Hello,

Since the first of October there is on many places about the new law not more allowed to smoke inside the restaurants (and not only restaurants) I know many of your are from the US and for you it's normal, BUT.

I like to smoke after a good dinner and do not want to go outside for a cigaret. So which restaurants are smoker friendly?

Suerte,

FC

Jaimito Cartero
10-10-06, 02:51
You'll have no problem in Prague as well. 75% of everyone smokes at restaurants there. Inside, outside, it doesn't matter.

FredCool
10-13-06, 22:43
I ever thought this is a forum for Argentina? I can not believe that I am the only smoker in this forum, aniway:

Puerto Madero: many restaurants, Cafe "Martinez" (many places) Sushi Club (Baez)

I ask a waitres why they don't have a smoking area in a very big restaurant at Catalina (do not remember the name) and he tell me: "it cost a lot of money to prepare everything for a smoking area, and why should we do this, in one ore two month everything comes normal and you can smoke as before"

Will see, this is Buenos Aires and not Rosario or Cordoba.

Suerte,

FC

Hotman 666
10-14-06, 16:15
I was in Buenos Aires last week (The first non smoking week! And, after having to go outside at most of my usual haunts for a smoke it was great to find a place with a sensible attitude to smokers.

El Establo, On Paraguay One block from Florida and diagonally opposite Harrods has 2 completely separate large rooms. One for smokers and the other for non smokers.

I found the food excellent; it was my first visit to this parrilla, and the waiters very helpful.

It is also useful that it is only a very short walk from some of our favorite hunting ground!

Give it a try.

By the way the covered outside area at Exedra seemed very popular most evenings both with guys and Chicas.

Hotman.

Jaimito Cartero
10-14-06, 18:17
I have no problems with smoking sections, as long as they are really seperate. I just don't want to have to smell smoke while I'm eating or breathing.

Hunt99
10-18-06, 18:27
It appears most of the restaurants I've been to in BsAs this trip have established separate smoking sections. For example, Piegari in Recova (corner of 9 de Julio and Posadas) has partitioned off 40% of their table space as a smoking section. I was seated there today, and noted that they have really good ventilation (I don't smoke cigarettes) You could get a whiff of smoke here and there, so the complainers, the pissers-and-moaners of the world will surely be all upset, but for normal people it was fine.

Hunt99
10-19-06, 12:18
If the Herald wants to be intellectually consistent, that's the only answer!

Perhaps this explains all the "Porteno Land Mines" I see on the sidewalks. It's not the fault of the dogs after all!

Lavish88
02-01-07, 22:32
El Trapiche has a huge smoking room plus big steaks etc!

WorldTravel69
02-02-07, 14:40
I forget who said this, but it makes sense to me.

"Having a Smoking Area in a Restaurant is like having a peeing area in a Swimming Pool."