PDA

View Full Version : Translation Help

Strad
10-15-06, 17:25
I purchased this Latina doll figure in an antique shop, and I have found a note in between the skirt and under-skirt, can someone able to tell what it says on the note?

Thanks a lot!

Strad

Lunico
10-15-06, 18:03
Looks like it reads: Carmen Rodriguez
Over and over again, then they flipped the note over and wrote Carmen Rodriguez again.

Guiller
10-16-06, 00:26
I purchased this Latina doll figure in an antique shop, and I have found a note in between the skirt and under-skirt, can someone able to tell what it says on the note?

Thanks a lot!

StradHi Strad:

I could help you with the translation provided you could transcribe here what is written in the note. I wasn't able to read the text directly from the picture.

All the best

Strad
10-16-06, 00:40
Hi Guiller,

Thanks for willing to help. I have to admit this note is in very bad writing, can't even pick up a single word? This photo is big than the actual note. I have no way be able to transcribe it.

Is it written in Spanish?

Thanks!

Strad

Capt Dave
10-16-06, 03:18
Do not feed this doll after midnight.

:)

David

Lexton
10-16-06, 18:14
One big problem is that there seems to be 2 layers in the image. Is there a background of some kind with writing over it?

If there is an identifiable background, you could put the image in Photoshop and use a pixel editor to remove it. You should be able to do that if it has a different color or texture you could identify looking at the original.

With the background removed, the writing would be more visible, possibly identifiable. Otherwise, I can barely make out the handwriting at all.

Strad
10-17-06, 02:22
Just kidding mate! Since you have mentioned it, it did seem that Carmen Rodirguez was written over again and again. Today, I decided to take the pins off and to take a look the other side. To my supprise, like you said, it was Carment Rodiguez over again and again! That note was written on a thick piece of brown paper, didn't know you are able to see through that , amazing!

Puzzle solved!

Thanks!

Strad.

Looks like it reads: Carmen Rodriguez.

Over and over again, then they flipped the note over and wrote Carmen Rodriguez again.

Lunico
10-18-06, 01:49
Wow, lucky guess, I guess. Glad I could help out.

Lunico