PDA

View Full Version : Comer - Guido 1965, near corner of Junin, Recoleta

Hunt99
10-18-06, 10:59
This is a standard BsAs "tenedor libre," an all-you-can-eat buffet. It's located right down the street from Recoleta Cemetery, near several of the popular boliches. Dinner was 19 pesos, which included several dozen choices, ranging from salads to cold cuts to hot entrees to fish and meat dishes which were made-to-order.

I thought it was quite acceptable, pleasant surroundings, good service from the waiter, who delivered one dish which my companion and I had ordered from the grill.

Like any buffet, the total damage ended up being more than 19 pesos. Dinner for two including some bottled water, a bottle of wine, and tip was 70.

One resident diner mentioned that he prefers Grant, another tenedor libre about three blocks away. Having not eaten at Grant for a couple of years, it's hard for me to compare.

BayBoy
01-12-07, 20:31
I have eaten at Comer a number of times (usually a few times each of my last 3 trips to BA dating back to '04) and have enjoyed this buffet restaurant very much. The price is 15 pesos for lunch + drink, all you can eat.

They put out a huge spread of food (fruits, vegetables, pasta, various cuts of beef, desserts etc.) And the thing I like best is they have a grill and will cook up just about anything you want (steak, ribs, cuts of beef, chicken, fish etc.) So I'm really pleased with the place.

Guido 1965, close to the cemetery in Recoleta. Chou