PDA

View Full Version : Piegari - Corner of Posadas and 9 de Julio

Hunt99
10-18-06, 18:38
Italian restaurant, well regarded in upper-class Porteno circles. A place for the old money to see and be seen. Has some of the best Italian food in BsAs, but for a price.

Today had a home-made fettucini and mushrooms (three types) half order (more than enough for a person) 41 pesos. Really excellent. Glass of very good quality Malbec was 15 pesos. A little less than what you'd pay at a comparable restaurant in Europe or the US, but more than most Porteno restaurants. Desserts on the menu averaged 20 pesos, didn't try any this time, but recall that they've been good in the past.

Has a spacious smoking section, which may be more important now than in the past for some diners.

Across the street there is a sister restaurant, Piegari Vitello e Dolce, a parrilla. In the past I have found it to be very good as well.

BadMan
10-20-06, 16:14
I had a pasta craving for the past week or so and all the places I had been to just weren't making my pasta right, so after reading Hunt's review I went here today. I have to admit, the pasta was good (and oh soo cheap compared to similair european fare) I had some spaghetti with a light red sauce $42 pesos and some water, and my guest had some pizza $40 pesos I think and some water. There was also a cute hostess handing out glasses of a nice cabernet. Note I don't usually drink at all, but when I eat italian food I can drink half a glass or so and so I did. I had a good meal, though I must admit the ambiance was a little too stuffy for my taste. The majority of the customers were in there late 30's and up. But the food was good, not the best I have had, but the best I have had in BA SO FAR. I also think it is affiliated with the Piegari in Las Canitas, since the logo is the same, but who knows.

All in all I payed $101 pesos and $15 pesos tip total = $116 or about $37 bucks for a nice lunch, oh and by the way the pasta was done " al dente ", so that was a plus. Also the location is great for any first timers, since there are like 6 high quality restaurants all right next to each other, so you can get there and just choose whichever catches your eye the most.

Good food, good prices, I will definitely try it again, though Sorento is next on my list.

Thanks for the initial review Hunt.

Badboy