PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Korea

VaqueroNY
10-20-06, 15:13
I'm not a regular poster but I chime in from time to time.

I been craving some Kimchi for quite some time so I thought "Hey lets go get some Korean BBQ" my local gf was not as exited as I was about going down to Flores after dark much less since K-town is on the fringes of "bajo Flores."

She refused to go and did her best to persuade me other wise, but I said Fuck it and grabbed a taxi.

Saraza 2135 and Carabobo.

The restaurant is "a hole in the wall" type of joint, minimal decor, very traditional Korean. Makes you think twice about staying. Each table has its own charcoal recepticle and grill.

For 30 Pesos I got two strips of asado de tira in (enough for one person) sweet & sour style marinade, 16 side dishes (kimchi, Korean jello, pickled merluza. One hot tofu soup and one cold cabbage soup + individual bottle of coke.

The side dishes were good.

Heat factor on 1-10 was maybe a 5 for the majority of the dishes but one got me at 8. Definetly toned down for the Argentine palette.

This wasnt a bad place it was good and would repeat. I've had better K-BBQ in NY / NJ.

Word of advice, don't linger on the street waiting for a cab, I waited 10-15 minutes with my "street face" on. Cabs with the red lights wouldnt stop and when one finally did, he said I was lucky since it was a dangerous area for taxis.

I would call a Remis next time.