PDA

View Full Version : First Post of Travel to BA (With experience!)

RustyJones
11-14-06, 16:15
Ok, so I will be in BA from the 24th through Dec. 3. First time to BA but have done the Monger thing in Russia and Dom Rep.

I would definitely want to meet up with other fellow mongers. Crap I'll even buy the first beer!

Friendly advise is allways welcome. I wil be staying (I think) in the Recoleta area. No, I have not rented an apartment or hotel room yet. I have a few contacts and have via internet met up with a few chicas. One wanted 600 US dollars for a date (1-2 hours) Of course I wrote to her that was way out of the question or range. I did ask if she was charging that for the whole day that is 24 hours! LOL!

On another site a fellow monger stated that there was some place that was offering appartment rentals with Chicas. I think not. He may have been confused with the ad for the Baez apt.

Anyone wanting to meet up during my visit to BA just email me back or post so that I know -

John (rustyjones)

Jaimito Cartero
11-14-06, 18:34
Ok, so I will be in BA from the 24th through Dec. 3. First time to BA but have done the Monger thing in Russia and Dom Rep.

I would definitely want to meet up with other fellow mongers. Crap I'll even buy the first beer!

Friendly advise is allways welcome. I wil be staying (I think) in the Recoleta area. No, I have not rented an apartment or hotel room yet. I have a few contacts and have via internet met up with a few chicas. One wanted 600 US dollars for a date (1-2 hours) Of course I wrote to her that was way out of the question or range. I did ask if she was charging that for the whole day that is 24 hours! LOL!Yeah, you'll get a lot of "dumb gringo" price quotes from chicas. Especially if they know you haven't been there before.

BA has a lot of price ranges. You can get great service for 80 pesos an hour, or spend 10 times that at some of the high end clubs. Most internet chicas are 200 pesos an hour and up. Make sure you read through some of the posts for recommendations. Hopefully you can speak a bit of spanish, as this will help you greatly.

Exon123
11-14-06, 20:21
RustyJones,

Contact Roxana for a sure thing why take a chance.

You'll get good service at a fair price.

Exon

RustyJones
11-15-06, 00:59
Hey thanks for the advise. First of all I do not speak spanish. I can understand certain nouns and phrases. But more or less no spanish! I will need to depend on someone if the ladies do not speak spanish. What a ***** of a need!

Anyway, I also read about the apartment with the girl for one night too. It sounds OK. More research to do.

Still confused about the best area to stay. It seems from the posts that Micro Center and Recoleta are the hot areas with Recoleta being the more expensive but safer. Opinions?

Roxana seems to be on the level but the apartments that I have read about in the posts. Hum?

RJ

Exon123
11-15-06, 09:13
RustyJones,

Contact Victoria at Reynolds Properities, victoria@realestate.com.ar

She speaks excellent English and have her send you pictures of whats in the rental pool. She'll do a good job for you.

And you don't speak Spanish then for sure have Roxana line up your first couple of dates.

Exon

BadMan
11-15-06, 09:49
Still confused about the best area to stay. It seems from the posts that Micro Center and Recoleta are the hot areas with Recoleta being the more expensive but safer. Opinions?

RJHey Rusty, I have to say, Recoleta is a good area, but I don't know if it is the safest anymore. I hear alot about petty theft going on there. Though I think its the number one tourist area, and it's full of good restaurants and it's close to everything. I think it's for this same reason that alot of criminals operate there. My advice would be to try to always take Radio taxi's to and from everywhere you go, don't wear expensive watches, and try not to look too flashy. I was leaving a Restaurant in Recoleta Recova area at night about a week ago. And the taxi called me on my watch. He told me wearing a watch like the one I had on was a good way to get robbed. So even though these areas are nice, just always use common sense. As far as safety, I would say the safest areas are, Puerto Madero, which is very expensive and has good restaurants but is pretty far from everything. Then Las Canitas, which is very safe, and also is a nice area as well. Recoleta would also rank as a very safe area, but just know since there are alot of tourists there, there is also a big criminal element there. So no strolling down Las Posadas wearing your rolex;)

PS, if you want to stay in the Recoleta area, I would suggest Jacksons apartment. It's great, its close to everything, it has great 24 hour security, it's spacious and the chicks dig it. I would also try BYTargentina.com, I haven't tryed them out but I hear the prices are good, and I haven't heard too many complaints. And if you need help booking chicks, I would also suggest Roxana. Though you will probably pay a small mark up. But if you don't speak spanish there isn't much you can do.

Hope that was helpful.

Badboy

Punter 127
11-15-06, 11:17
Hey Rusty, I have to say, Recoleta is a good area, but I don't know if it is the safest anymore. I hear alot about petty theft going on there. Though I think its the number one tourist area, and it's full of good restaurants and it's close to everything. I think it's for this same reason that alot of criminals operate there. My advice would be to try to always take Radio taxi's to and from everywhere you go, don't wear expensive watches, and try not to look too flashy. I was leaving a Restaurant in Recoleta Recova area at night about a week ago. And the taxi called me on my watch. He told me wearing a watch like the one I had on was a good way to get robbed. So even though these areas are nice, just always use common sense. As far as safety, I would say the safest areas are, Puerto Madero, which is very expensive and has good restaurants but is pretty far from everything. Then Las Canitas, which is very safe, and also is a nice area as well. Recoleta would also rank as a very safe area, but just know since there are alot of tourists there, there is also a big criminal element there. So no strolling down Las Posadas wearing your rolex;)

PS, if you want to stay in the Recoleta area, I would suggest Jacksons apartment. It's great, its close to everything, it has great 24 hour security, it's spacious and the chicks dig it. I would also try BYTargentina. Com, I haven't tryed them out but I hear the prices are good, and I haven't heard too many complaints. And if you need help booking chicks, I would also suggest Roxana. Though you will probably pay a small mark up. But if you don't speak spanish there isn't much you can do.

Hope that was helpful.

BadboyI would agree, and I have used http://www.bytargentina.com four times, they always have someone who speaks English at the apartment when I check in. The only problem I have had with them was my last trip at check out, the landlord did not speak English and I could not understand him. I had to call Ana Luna to translate for me, (she was on her way to pick me up anyway) he wanted to know what happened to the extra sheets, which the maid had taken. No big deal, but it is good reason to make friends with someone like Ana. I always use Ana and Roxana's services when I'm in BsAs.

I highly recommend both.

BTW: I have stayed in both the "Micro Center and Recoleta" and feel very safe in both. I have walked the streets alone very late at night and never felt unsafe. But I do not talk to strangers and I do not pick up SW. And nobody ever called me flashy.

I will be in BsAs during your visit if you want to have a beer, send me a PM.

Punter 127

Stormy
11-15-06, 13:47
Punter you are obviously a man of great experience and savoir faire, plus if anybody messes with you, they are likely to meet the Glock in your boot.

Also, I have had good luck with Bytargentina on 5 rentals (one a repeat, and that is easier.

Barrio Norte, just south of Recoleta has all kinds of apartments and is a nice, convenient neighborhood for Recoleta, the microcenter, and for Palermo.

Punter 127
11-15-06, 22:24
Stormy

I agree that Barrio Norte and Palermo are nice areas.
However, I need to clear up one thing in your post. Glock is a city boys gun, and IMHO,
Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a Glock pistol.
The weapon of choice for me is the Kimber model 1911.
The Kimber is a little big for your boot,
so for that I like the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull caliber,
which is also a great back up gun when hunting Grizzly Bear.

In my neck of the woods when you go to a night club on Saturday night,
they check you at the door for knives and guns…….
if you don’t have one they give you one…..
for some strange reason we have a low crime rate.

Guns, condoms, and vitamin V….don’t leave home without them!

Rusty don’t let the above horse dung scare you away…I don’t wear boots in BsAs!

Punter 127

El Perro
11-15-06, 22:38
QUOTE=Punter 127][blue] 0[/right][/QUOTE]Punter,

You may not wear flashy duds, but you got the fanciest posts on AP!

Beretta Dogg

Hunt99
11-15-06, 22:52
All this silly talk about pistols. I hate them.

Take this, for example. There's no need to aim. Just point and squeeze.

God bless Mr. Remington.

This is a man's weapon:

Punter 127
11-15-06, 23:09
Doggboy

Just playing around and trying to have some fun, your know how it is when you bored in sex prison!

Hunt

I like it but it hurts when I try to put it in my boot! “Mr. Remington” makes those for folks who can’t shoot.

Punter 127

Jaimito Cartero
11-16-06, 00:22
If you have no spanish at all, then you'll probably need an appointment setter. If you can give your own address, and ask basic questions, then you're probably better off exploring on your own. There are a number of apartments where you can enter and select whatever chica you like. I know there have been spanish primers either on here, or the ISG that would give you enough Spanish. I find that my Spanish gets better every time I visit, just by being forced to use it.

Remember that all the appointment setters I've heard of will only translate and set up an appointment. They won't bargain for you, and often a chica will often give you a better deal on a repeat appointment, if you negotiate directly for it.

I think Moondog has a BA guide that is quite good.

Capt Dave
11-16-06, 02:11
All this silly talk about pistols. I hate them.

Take this, for example. There's no need to aim. Just point and squeeze.

God bless Mr. Remington.

This is a man's weapon:This is the one you need if you want to get some attention!