PDA

View Full Version : What country do you say your from?

WorldTravel69
11-14-06, 10:44
Guys.

Some words of Wisdom, from a not so wise person.

When you travel, in any country, do not tell them you are from the U. S. A. or Europe. You can see the $$$ or Euros signs light up in their eyes if you do. Tell them you are from South Africa, New Zealand, Australia or maybe Canada.

Don't know why I never thought of it.

This was told to me by a Argentinian waiter last night.

El Greco
11-15-06, 19:58
Guys.

Some words of Wisdom, from a not so wise person.

When you travel, in any country, do not tell them you are from the U. S. A. Or Europe. You can see the $$$ or Euros signs light up in their eyes if you do. Tell them you are from South Africa, New Zealand, Australia or maybe Canada.

Don't know why I never thought of it.

This was told to me by a Argentinian waiter last night.I always tell them I am from Congo. Noone knows where the hell is Congo and I always am their first Congolese customer.

El Greco

Capt Dave
11-15-06, 20:47
I think any American who pretends to be from somewhere else is a complete PUSSY!

While I choose not to live there, for all it's flaws, it is the best country in the world in all the important ways, and I'm PROUD to be an American, dammit!

Whether you like George Bush or not, he is NOT America, just a passing phase.

Deal with the dollar signs in some other way.

David

BadMan
11-15-06, 21:18
Well Dave, I think many people around the world and specially in the U. S. A (since America includes north and south, meaning Argentina is also america and therefore they also have the right to call themselves Americans) have multiple nationalities. Some people, even though they pay their taxes in the U. S and keep a home there, still have the right to have double nationalities and can be proud of their double nationalities and their own ethnic heritage as well. So I think it's pussy to try to impose ones own personal beliefs about patriotism and nationality on others.

I can easily say I am Ukrainian, South American, a U. S citizen and so on. And I think I can do that without thinking I am somehow less patriotic than someone else. I am a world traveler and therefore a world citizen my friend. Some people have personal hang ups and some don't. I personaly don't.

Badboy

Capt Dave
11-16-06, 02:24
Well Dave, I think many people around the world and specially in the U. S. A (since America includes north and south, meaning Argentina is also america and therefore they also have the right to call themselves Americans) have multiple nationalities. Some people, even though they pay their taxes in the U. S and keep a home there, still have the right to have double nationalities and can be proud of their double nationalities and their own ethnic heritage as well. So I think it's pussy to try to impose ones own personal beliefs about patriotism and nationality on others.

I can easily say I am Ukrainian, South American, a U. S citizen and so on. And I think I can do that without thinking I am somehow less patriotic than someone else. I am a world traveler and therefore a world citizen my friend. Some people have personal hang ups and some don't. I personaly don't.

BadboyAllow me to congratulate you on actually posting a dissenting opinion without using a single 4 letter profanity!

If that wasn't just an oversight, it's certainly a step in the right direction!