PDA

View Full Version : New studio in the center of Palermo Soho!

Chascomus
11-20-06, 15:11
The Studio at Palermo Soho, Completely Furnished, just 3 doors down from the Plaza Serrano! (this is MY place. I'm not a "dealer"!

This beautiful property is right smack dab in the center of Palermo Soho, one of the most popular places these days. It is located on the street of Honduras almost at the Plaza Serrano. Lots of café's, restaurants and deco stores. The area is mostly a one or 2 story residential and commercial area. It is the probably one of the most popular areas in the city these days. It is full of fashionable stores: clothes for men and women, jewelry stores, home deco, lots of art, great food cuisine, lots of delivery, dry cleaners, etc. From this point, you can go by taxi, about U$3, to the center of the city. You also have lots of public transportation.

Rates:

*All utilities and taxes included, (no hidden charges)

Daily: $80

Weekly: $350

Monthly: $1200

Deposit: $50 (returned after final inventory) (Pay pal or check in the U. S.

More info: www.hereicomeargentina.com

Chascomus
01-11-07, 00:43
Here are some pics. Some are too big and don't fit, but send me an email and I'll send you more.

Paul.

pg@telviso. Com. Ar

Jackpot
01-11-07, 22:49
Your prices are outrageous!

Do you think we are fools?

Jackpot

BadMan
01-12-07, 05:04
It seems to me Chascomus is catering to the short term renter, and as such, mostly people looking for either 1 or 2 week rentals, if that is the case, the price of 350 a week for the average US tourist is very good, that is basically about 50 bucks a day, not bad considering the average hotel here costs about 100 a night and up. With that said, the average monthly price should be about 60-65 % of the weekly price (multiplied by 4) meaing the price (in this case) should be more around 900-1000. The nice thing is the deposit of 50 US, most places here in BA ask for between a full weeks rental price as a deposit to a full months price.

I don't think the weekly rate is TOO bad, though 350-400 US should be the price of a 1 bedroom for a week. The monthly price IS a little high.

Badboy

Punter 127
01-12-07, 08:28
At most of the short term apartments I have rented the weekly rate times three equals the monthly rent. The one bedroom apartment I rented in December and have booked again next is month $250 week and $750 a month, $350 week and $1200 a month for a studio is high, IMHO. The deposit for this apartment is more at $250, but I have always got my deposits back without any problem.

Courcheval
01-13-07, 18:38
Nothing new here. The idea of investing in a foreign country with a lower cost of living is to get a quick return on investment, so buying at local prices and renting to the targeted clientele with hard currency at the usual foreign price. Nothing specific to Argentina.

I was willing to spend the winter on the Moroccan seaside near Agardir. I contacted the owner of a 900 sq feet house there who was unwilling to lower its prices for a long term rental (6 month) She said she had enough demand on weekly bases not to need to bargain.

Based on the informations I found on the net and the occupancy information she officially gave me (which might be different from reality) I calculated a net return of 20% , 5 times the return she would get in Europe. And this without any taxes for the first 5 years on investment and very cheap labor.

Why would Paul differ from this logic. This is a risk / reward calculation, he takes the risk to invest in an economicly instable country and expects high yields on it, and Argentina is definitly a risky placement on the mid term.

Now if he s just subletting an apartment that he rents on a two years contract, this is a different story. There is no reason to apply a risk premium there since the actual owner takes all the risks.

There is a bid and ask logic too, like renting a chica. You know the labor cost in the country and you know that 100 pesos of black money represents 20 hours of tax free work, but...hormonal emergencies might lead you to forget those realities. Paul s apartment went under cosmetic surgery, and it s basicly worth what the customer is willing to pay, out of any cost considerations.

Courcheval
01-14-07, 01:06
A confirmation of rental cost for portenos.

I was sitting in Exedra while two ladies invited me to their table. After some chit chat about travelling they told me they had an apartment not far and invited me there.

They were right, 3 blocks away, I came into a 2 rooms apartment. One bedroom for two girls, uh uh, what a strange couple. They told me after a drink that they were semi pro working in couple (trio service) and would welcome me in the room for 120. No thanks, trios usually means chit chatting beween chicas and the customer is not always welcome into the conversation.

Anyways, while I was appreciating my tea, I questioned about the monthly rental price of the apartment. She quoted 650 pesos, for a two room apartment right in the microcenter. About 200 dollars.

Not the fanciest lobby, but still safe and very well located.

Daddy Rulz
01-14-07, 03:21
You can rent a 3 bedroom apartment in Recoleta for 400 more per month. For a studio apartment 5-600 US a month max and that is a lot I think. That neighborhood stays LOUD until late as well.

Billyboy69
08-19-07, 07:23
Your prices are outrageous!

Do you think we are fools?

JackpotI have the opportunity to aquire the apartament of my grandfather and restore them situated on tgral J. Peron near Callao and 7 blocks from obelisco, 11 floor.

But if this kind of price is considered outrageous I have to change my plans.

This kinds of apartement cost about 3000USD at year on varius tax etc etc.

We have to waste money? 1200 USD month is a shit of investment for me.

At least I have to pay the cost of appartment and renovation on 4-5 years. At least.

PS. I just look on www.bytargentina.com the prices of apt. Hi to low to try to make any businnes for me :-)

Sorry for my poor english. I'm Italian, only basically english spoken. But here on this fabulous board I try to improve my skill.

Mario

Thomaso276
08-19-07, 11:03
Here is the latest chart from yesterday's La Nacion, renting or buying new / used according to neighborhood. Info supplied by real estate brokers.

StrayLight
08-19-07, 13:46
Here is the latest chart from yesterday's La Nacion, renting or buying new / used according to neighborhood. Info supplied by real estate brokers.It's stunning to me that Puerto Madero is selling for higher than Recoleta and Palermo Chico. Just stunning. You couldn't pay me to live in Puerto Madero, and it appears to be the hottest place in town. (But then again, I prefer Rodi Bar to El Yugo, and will probably never set foot in El Alamo again, so I guess my tastes are not exactly in keeping with the crowd's. LOL!)

El Greco
08-20-07, 11:45
When I rent an apartment, apart from the area and the street, I am also interested on the floor it is located, its square meters as well as the amenities provided eg aircon cable TV, internet banda larga etc.

Nevertheless prices quoted seem high to me and according to my experience, as stated before, weekly rate x 3 should equal the monthly rate. That is what the major B's A's agencies are offering.

El Greco