PDA

View Full Version : Storage (personal effects)

Charlez69
11-21-06, 16:04
Hi,

Does anyone know of a safe storage place. As I am going travelling and wish to leave golf clubs, clothes etc. You know all the stuff you bring along and do not want to take travelling for a few months.

Apreciated

Rockin Bob
11-21-06, 16:15
I think some other people wanted to know where you can store stuff. I would too. Any info out there?

I know that if you look in the yellow pages under Depositos you can find storage units but whether they are only for furntiture I don't know. I toot would love to find like a 2 or 3 square meter unit for personal effects.

At any rate, good question, Charlez69.

StrayLight
11-21-06, 23:20
There's a group called "South American Explorers" that has a clubhouse on Jeronimo Salguero 553, just around the corner from the Medrano subte stop on Corrientes.

See http://www.saexplorers.org/clubhouses/buenosaires/index.html

If you're a member (and it's only $50 a year) you can store stuff there. For your $50, you actually get a hell of a lot more (click "Clubhouse Services"), but storage is part of it.

The roots of this group go back to the backpacking '70s, but they've matured a bit, and even though you still see a lot of college-age kids and whatnot drifting through with backpacks, there is reliable adult supervision and people leave their stuff their with a high degree of certainty it'll still be there when they return for it.

And for what it's worth, they have a poker night every Wednesday. Texas Hold 'Em.

And if you're bopping around the continent, membership at the Buenos Aires clubhouse will get you similar services at the Cuzco, Quito, and Lima clubhouses.

SL

Rockin Bob
08-24-09, 17:45
I see I posted about this years ago!

As a homeless expat for years in SA, taking care of my stuff has always been a concern. Not a problem, as I always find someone to help me.

But, if you're in need of a storage unit: and the typical American storage unit doesn't exist in Argentina: then I'd like to recommend.

Albar Way Mudanzas.

San Jose 260

4382 7548

Ask for Martin. Good people, they'll pick up and deliver, the basic fee is 150 pesos a month.

Member #3320
08-24-09, 21:52

As a homeless expat for years in SA, taking care of my stuff has always been a concern. Not a problem, as I always find someone to help me.

But, if you're in need of a storage unit: and the typical American storage unit doesn't exist in Argentina: then I'd like to recommend.

Albar Way Mudanzas.

San Jose 260

4382 7548

Ask for Martin. Good people, they'll pick up and deliver, the basic fee is 150 pesos a month.Very useful information. I was in a similar dilemma last year. But doggy boy agreed to help me though I changed my plans eventually.

I want to know, if you can use it for long term, 3-4 months? And if yes, is your stuff safe? Are they not fly by the night operators?

Thanks

Hulk
12-28-09, 12:51

Albar Way Mudanzas.
San Jose 260
4382 7548

Ask for Martin. Good people, they'll pick up and deliver, the basic fee is 150 pesos a month.FYI, the basic quote I got was AR$350 per month, plus AR$35 pick-up fee.

Rockin Bob
12-28-09, 16:56
Hulk, I didn't have a lot of stuff, just a few boxes. I'm certain if you are going to store furniture or something it will cost more.

Captain, I didn't care about safety as I really didn't have anything valuable to steal. At any rate, they seemed like good people and that's why I suggested them.

By the way, in that general vicinity there are a few more moving and storage outfits, you could always ask around.

Hulk
12-29-09, 12:58
Bob, the AR$350 quote I got was in fact for the storage of just 4 suitcases.