PDA

View Full Version : Bush daughter robbed in Buenos Aires

BadMan
11-22-06, 03:41
I thought this was an interesting story, This is from the BBC.

"""""""US agents 'fail Bush's daughter'

Twins Barbara (L) and Jenna Bush are holidaying in the country.

One of the twin daughters of President George W Bush has been robbed of her handbag in Argentina despite protection by US Secret Service agents.

Barbara Bush, 24, lost her mobile phone and credit cards in the robbery in a restaurant in the capital, Buenos Aires - but she was not hurt.

She was dining with her twin sister Jenna at the time.

ABC News in the US says the robbery went unnoticed by the heavy secret service force protecting the family.

US officials in Buenos Aires and Washington have declined to comment on the incident.

The BBC's Daniel Schweimler in Buenos Aires says it is highly embarrassing for the protection force.

The Bush daughters have been on holiday in the city for the past three weeks.

Our correspondent says that although Buenos Aires, a popular tourist destination, remains one of the safest cities in Latin America, petty crime is on the increase - whether you are protected by the US Secret Service or not.

=====================================

Friggen argie thieves are out of hand, I used to think the girls that told me they get their cell phones robbed all the time were just bullshitting me, but this proves it.

Badboy

Strad
11-22-06, 11:20
Here is another view of report from

Chicago Tribune (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/sns-ap-argentina-bush-daughter-purse,1,5551519.story?coll=chi-news-hed)

Do you think that Secret Service bastards will all get fired?

Strad

Hunt99
11-22-06, 11:55
Here is another view of report from Chicago Tribune (http:/ www. Chicagotribune. Com / news / local / sns-ap-argentina-bush-daughter-purse,1,5551519. Story? Coll=chi-news-hed)

Do you think that Secret Service bastards will all get fired?

StradSince the agents' job is to protect their charges, they ought to. They completely and utterly failed to execute the basic responsibility of their employment. This has nothing to do with politics.

Stormy
11-22-06, 13:58
Was it a robbery or a theft? It would be completely appalling if it were a robbery, but thefts in busy and sometimes excellent restaurants are not uncommon in BA or in Chicago. A well known forum contributor had his computer case removed from near his feet in La Biela and two female friends in Chicago lost purses in very well known restaurants. The thefts were so slick and swift that they had no idea of the loss until they were ready to leave the restaurant.

Anybody know what restaurant it was?

Geo Eye
11-22-06, 14:25
I am really shock that there was an agent who was beaten, this is strange, being they are trained to handle themselves quite well in any circumstances. Strange. I think there is more to the story.

Stormy
11-22-06, 16:38
The Secret Service agent was beaten up in a separate incident than the purse theft, according to ABC. He was on his own time and got involved some way in a mugging on the street.

Brunus
11-22-06, 17:51
The secret service is all clowns with dark eyeglasses.

Inutiles pagos, in spanish.

Br

Exon123
11-22-06, 19:13
The Agent was probably out Mongering in a bad area of town.

Maybe looking for a TV.

Exon

Capt Dave
11-22-06, 19:58
So now some hooker in BsAs has a cell phone with George's private number!

Wonder if he'd like her to bring him a pizza (or maybe a cigar)

:)

Devious Dave

Stormy
11-22-06, 22:09
George is so fucking stupid that he'd probably eat the cigar, smoke the pizza and ignore the girl.

Thomaso276
11-23-06, 00:26
I cannot believe that the phone doesn't have a homing chip that can be traced by secret service in case the owner went with the phone against her will - simple enuff with the gps stuff they have now. Bet the credit cards are special too. Try and use 'em and see how many blackhawks are on your ass. Something about this story is not coming out, "no comment" will continue forever.

Great publicity for BA tourist business.

Moore
11-23-06, 00:35
Great publicity for BA tourist business.That's debatable. For me, yes. But for many potential tourists just the slightest hint of crime puts a foreign city in the same league as Baghdad.

Thomaso276
11-23-06, 00:51
I was being sarcastic, but a turndown in tourism wouldn't bother me as prices would drop for the locals.

Aqualung
11-23-06, 01:07
Stealing handbags is a big problem in BA. Most women hang them from their chairs at bars and it's very easy for the "carteristas" to make off with them. They usually don't try to use the credit cards. They are after cash and get rid of the handbag, credit cards and phones at the nearest trash can. It may sound stupid to take a risk and steal a wallet or handbag for just a few hundred pesos but crooks ARE stupid. Imagine crooks getting on a bus in the neighbourhoods, guns in hand and robbing at the most ten pesos from the passengers. The risk of coming across an off duty cop is enormous. Dozens of dead robbers every year can tell you that! Just a few days ago a cop shot and killed a crook, caught two and one got away on a 143 bus in the Flores area.

Exon123
11-23-06, 14:20
So now some hooker in BsAs has a cell phone with George's private number!

Wonder if he'd like her to bring him a pizza (or maybe a cigar)

:)

Devious DaveIt was stated on TV up here in Sex Prison that the numbers and data on the cell phone were deleted remotely by the Sercet Service detail guarding Miss Bush.

I sorta dought that this is possible. Moreover, by law all cell phones have statelite tracking so I'm wondering just what the Sercet Service did about it.

The White House would not comment to the press about the incendent.

I'm with Capt Dave, I'd love to have Goerge's private personal number just to call him up now and then to bull shit.

Exon

Hunt99
11-23-06, 17:27
I'm with Capt Dave, I'd love to have Goerge's private personal number just to call him up now and then to bull shit.Exon: George! Hi! It's Exon!

George: Well, hello! How are things today?

Exon: Things couldn't be better, amigo.

George: Is there anything I can do for you today? Some tax incentives? Could I grease the skids of some environmental permits?

Exon: Naw, I'm just calling to say hello, and to see if you wanted to come with me to Exedra.

George: Exedra? No, no need for Exedra since I stopped drinking. Laura put her foot down, you know.

Exon: That Laura, she's a mighty fine gal. But even so, I thought you might want to join me for a handjob.

George: Handjob? Who IS this?

Exon: It's me, your old friend Exon!

George: I'm sorry, I thought you were some kind of crank caller there. So how about some offshore drilling permits for California? I'd love to see the look on those Hollywood peoples' faces when they see an offshore platform spoiling their ocean view. How about that?

Exon: Maybe some other time, Mister President. Anyway, you take care now, you hear?

George: Thanks, Exon. Say hello to Mobil for me, friend. I think you two make a sweet couple.

Exon: Bye, sir!

Hefe
11-23-06, 21:45
Petty crimes are increasing like badboy mentioned

Nemesis
11-24-06, 00:07
Clearly, this is just another nut bag conspiracy theory as this story also appeared on infowars. Com.

www.infowars.com/articles/bush/first_daughter_barbara_robbed_argentina.htm

Don't be so naive.

I think this is a ploy by the US government to undermine the Argentina tourism sector.

Geo Eye
11-24-06, 00:25
Gentlemen,

The purpose of this Forum is to provide for the exchange of information between Men on the subject of finding Women for Sex.

Let's get back to the subject.

Thank You,

Jackson

Brunus
11-24-06, 00:41
Gentlemen,

The purpose of this Forum is to provide for the exchange of information between Men on the subject of finding Women for Sex.

Thank You,

Jackson

Nemesis
11-24-06, 00:53
The secret service is all clowns with dark eyeglasses.

Inutiles pagos, in spanish.

BrI have seen interviews with Secret Service personell. They're about as bright as homeland stupdity doing cavity searches for anthrax at the airport.

What do you expect with a boss like Bush.

Geo Eye
11-24-06, 01:15
Gentlemen,

Thank You,

Jackson

Polvo
11-24-06, 02:38
Gents:

If I can chime in with some ignorant stray thoughts:

1) Barbara is an extremely difficult "principal" to guard and forces her detail to stay a good distance away. They do not like doing it but still get coerced as the principal has a tendency to throw her toys out of the pram.

2) The cell phone does not have satellite tracking (law does not dictate sat. Tracking but "location") It may however have GPS location capability - but not in BA, as most of the cell sites do not yet have that technology there.

3) Reaching in and deleting a SIM and / or numbers stored in a phone memory is not usually possible in a "normal" cell phone. Please note I stated normal. And, never, ever, underestimate the NSA!

4) Those credit cards, if used, will unleash the hounds of hell.

5) The principal has a "homer".

6) The detail are all fuc*ed. Simply because it could have been a knife instead of a lift. They will probably be back to office jobs dealing with Korean forged US dollar bills in Anchorage, Alaska, if they are even allowed to stay on in the SS (Secret Service)

7) What the hell was Barbara doing in Maipu 359 - or is she taking over from Elizabeth?

Suerte.

Polvo

Brunus
11-24-06, 10:35
Gentlemen,.

Thank You,.

JacksonMy excuses Mr. Jackson.

Br

Nemesis
11-28-06, 17:53
Amid a growing barrage of front-page headlines, U. S. Embassy officials "strongly suggested" President Bush's twin daughters, Jenna and Barbara Bush, cut short their trip to Buenos Aires because of security issues, U. S. Diplomatic and security sources tell ABC News.

But the girls have stayed on, celebrating their 25th birthday over the weekend and producing even more headlines about their activities.

Officials say the media coverage upstaged publicity plans for the new U. S. Ambassador Anthony Wayne, who had only recently arrived in the country.

Neither the White House nor the U. S. Embassy in Buenos Aires responded to requests for comment.

The Argentinean press blitz followed a report on "The Blotter" last week that Barbara Bush's purse and cell phone were stolen last weekend while dining at the popular San Telmo outdoor marketplace despite being guarded by the Secret Service.

Stories of the twins' visit took on wild proportions in the Argentinean press. One tabloid headline had the young women running nude in the hallway of their hotel, a report the hotel staff denied to ABC News.

According to sources, the U. S. Embassy encouraged the two girls to cut their stay short because the added attention was making their security very difficult.

But to the dismay and anger of some U. S. Embassy and security staff, the girls stayed on.

Thursday night, an ABC News producer was able to walk into their hotel unchecked and engage Barbara Bush in conversation while she checked her e-mail on a computer in the lobby. Jenna sat talking with friends on a sofa nearby. No Secret Service agents were anywhere to be seen in the lobby, according to ABC News' Joe Goldman.

And yesterday the Bush twins were spotted at the Sunday soccer matches, wearing team jerseys and sitting in the owner's box, watching Argentina's top team Boca Juniors compete. Several games have been canceled due to violence in the crowds this year. In fact, last weekend no spectators were allowed to attend the match other than season ticket holders.

Sources tell ABC News the twins plan to stick to their original itinerary and stay in Buenos Aires until Thursday.

Here are some pictures of them.
abcnews.go.com/WNT/popup?id=2682383&content=&page=7