PDA

View Full Version : Sarkis / Best Middle Eastern

Norman Stormin
12-20-06, 12:31
Every once in a while I get the urge for this type of food. Especially since my offices in Bagdad and Beirut have been closed for remodling. This one was recommended some years ago and I got the urge to revisit yesterday for lunch. I was not diappointed.

Unfortunately, there are no samplers or small servings here. Everthing is a la cart. Appetizers fill 8 inch salad plates. What I ordered would be an adequate dinner for four. I took a big doggie bag home. I had hommus 5p, taboule 5p, fetta cheese and black olives 6.50p, 8 dolmas 6.50p, and 2 huge brochettes of lamb 22p, water 4p, cover 3p. Total 52p.

1101 Thames one block off Cordoba and two blocks from Rio Cabaņa. Lunch 12 to 3pm, dinner 8 to 12.

Andres
12-21-06, 00:16
Every once in a while I get the urge for this type of food. Especially since my offices in Bagdad and Beirut have been closed for remodling. This one was recommended some years ago and I got the urge to revisit yesterday for lunch. I was not diappointed.

Unfortunately, there are no samplers or small servings here. Everthing is a la cart. Appetizers fill 8 inch salad plates. What I ordered would be an adequate dinner for four. I took a big doggie bag home. I had hommus 5p, taboule 5p, fetta cheese and black olives 6.50p, 8 dolmas 6.50p, and 2 huge brochettes of lamb 22p, water 4p, cover 3p. Total 52p.

1101 Thames one block off Cordoba and two blocks from Rio Cabaņa. Lunch 12 to 3pm, dinner 8 to 12.This is one of the best Armenian restaurants in town.

I like particularly the basterma (cold camel meat cut in thin slices) "carne al fierrito" (kind of griled meat in brochetted topped with yougurt) and anise liquour as digestive at the end.

Long life to Sarkis!

Andres

Crusader
04-22-08, 17:44
With all due respect guys, you have not had mid-east cuisine until youve been in Lebanon or a reputable libanese rest inthe world.

Taboule made of green onions instead of parsley? Thats digstunging. And the amount of buck weat used in it? Sarkis raped the tabouli, wich is the back bone salad of lebanese cuisine.

Moving to the kibe wich is the raw minced meat with buck weat. The formula shouldbe about 90% meat 10% buck wheat hes doing the oposit.

Minced raw meat is the signature dish of only 2 nations in the world. Lebanon and germany (tartar steack depends on the place minced onion, red peper, raw egg and cappers could be added to meat) the state of bavaria has the best I had all over.

Armenians should stick to what they do best. Pork shachlik, basturma, mini spicy sausages, eggplant related appetisers.

If anyone experienced the real deal lebanese cuisine whether in beirut, sao paolo, paris or montreal is to avoid this place.

Thomaso276
04-22-08, 23:06
Jeez, I just vomited after reading this post.

Steak, chicken, potatoes, corn, pasta, salads, ice cream.

Now I feel better.