PDA

View Full Version : Short Opinion

Subaculture
12-21-06, 23:53
I was in BA for 3 weeks in 2003 (March) I had a great time but mainly with non pros. The Kilkenny pub was still a decent place to go and had many "gringo chasers". I was there for Saint Patricks week which was a crazy time. Stayed in a hotel with air-con and cable / ensuite for 10 US per night. There were still protests outside banks with people demanding their dollars back. Prices were damn low and the girls were grateful.

Back this week. People seem back on their feet. Central business district buzzing but I read today in BA herald that prices have gone up 90% since the 2001 meltdown.

Quality has gone down. I was never a fan on the Boliches, I prefer the apartments but after visiting a few in past few days, quality is quite bad. After spending time in Paraguay before BA, the difference is remarkable. The apartment girls in Paraguay are model quality. I visited 10-15 apartments there. Great attitudes, great service for 7-10 Euro per half hour (50,000-60,000 G) with an hour for 100,000. (will have report soon on that forum) Would recommend any member visiting AG to take the 20 hour bus journey and check it out. The new Argentina (for mongering) Maybe but without the infrastructure (restaurants, decent hotels etc)

BA is still a great city and still relatively cheap but things are getting back to economic normality. Incredible amounts of foreign tourists here (shopping tourists) hostels, backpackers etc. Pity about the rise in crime and number of hawkers and people bugging you with leaflets (on Florida, Lavelle) Still hope to issue a few reports over coming period on apartments.

Don't get me wrong, still a great place (great food, wine) great art, cinema ad culture. Just had nice meat at De Nivels on Defensa (San Telmo) Great food and 7P for a litro of house wine. Even checked out this massive sex shop and DVD emporium (thousands of titles) on Corrientes (2000-2100) Its beside a nice and cheap open restuarant where a litro of beer is only 4p.

Artisttyp
12-22-06, 17:03
I just called the Paraguay consulate. It will cost $65USD to get a visa which can be done here in America before you go.

It would be really helpful to know what bus company you took there and did you stay on the bus for 20 hours or did you stop somewhere like Rosario along the way?

Thanks

What did you do for money atm, travelers checks, visa available for use?