PDA

View Full Version : Youkali, Estados Unidos at San José

ElCaco
01-03-07, 19:36
Don't really know if this is the perfect monger's hotel, but it's a fun little number. It's a turn-of-last-century mansion cum five-room hotel in Montserrat, across 9 de Julio from San Telmo and a five-minute cab ride from Plaza de Mayo. The beds creak so it's probably not that cool if you're planning to have chicas in, but if you're just looking for a cool place to stay, it's a got terrific atmosphere and character. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know about one off the beaten track. Rooms were USD 50-60 a night last time I checked.

EC

Fretta
01-03-07, 21:14
I really loved staying in San Telmo the first few weeks in town. It's definitely hopping and fun—plus I got to taunt Bush twins as they were walking around. Still, it seems a little "slow" in the mongering department. Most of the chicas seem to hang out in the better parts of town, don't you think? I'm near San Martin park right now, and though it's not a very "fun" area socially, it's more monger-friendly. Anyone else have thoughts?

Don't really know if this is the perfect monger's hotel, but it's a fun little number. It's a turn-of-last-century mansion cum five-room hotel in Montserrat, across 9 de Julio from San Telmo and a five-minute cab ride from Plaza de Mayo. The beds creak so it's probably not that cool if you're planning to have chicas in, but if you're just looking for a cool place to stay, it's a got terrific atmosphere and character. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know about one off the beaten track. Rooms were USD 50-60 a night last time I checked.

EC

ElCaco
01-05-07, 10:38
Yes, I love San Telmo too (even though, as you say, the mongering prospects are meager). Still, it's still just a short cab ride / shortish brisk walk from downtown mongering paradise. Did you feel safe walking around San Telmo at night? It was scary five years back when I stayed there. You've just got to congratulate the guys who got the Bush sisters' handbags, though:-)

Take care and enjoy paradise!

R