PDA

View Full Version : Computer idiot in need of help

R Car
01-09-07, 14:13
Hello All first post,

This is not to flame or proclaim, I need a computer expert to make a house call. I can get e-mail but cannot receive. I will pay this expert for their time. Before someone tells me I need to check my wangstien remember I am a computer idiot who dreams of throwing my lap top from the 8 floor and watching it explode into a million satisfying pieces. I will be in town till the end of the month.

Rod

========================================

Hi Rod,

This is right from the forum's home page.

I would recommend that you call....

Computer Repair
Gaston Computacion
Av Sante Fe 2450 #36
4821-3058 / 15-4991-3058

Gaston or one of his two brothers will be pleased to come to your location.

Thanks,

Jackson

Exon123
01-09-07, 14:36
Computer Repair.

Gaston Computacion.

Av Sante Fe 2450 #36

4821-3058 / 15-4991-3058

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exon

WorldTravel69
01-09-07, 14:38
I would call my Service Provider and ask them, if your still home. Or call them from some internet place in town. The phone calls are cheap.

Don't flash it around in cafes and restaurants.

Hello All first post,

This is not to flame or proclaim, I need a computer expert to make a house call. I can get e-mail but cannot receive. I will pay this expert for their time. Before someone tells me I need to check my wangstien remember I am a computer idiot who dreams of throwing my lap top from the 8 floor and watching it explode into a million satisfying pieces. I will be in town till the end of the month.

Rod

Member #3314
01-09-07, 15:29
Some internet providers will only let you send POP3 e-mail from a range of IP addresses that they own / control. They will however let you download your e-mail anywhere.

This is to prevent spam.

Try using a web based e-mail, perhaps your provider has a page you can go to.

Is the computer number posted earlier a repair guy, or a computer shop? I need a 220v cord for my laptop, I have a 220/50 brick just need the 220v cord.

=============================================

Member #3314,

You can buy those cords at any one of a dozen computer stores in the Galeria Jardin on Ave Florida in the Microcenter. They're about 3 pesos each.

Thanks,

Jackson

Monger514
01-09-07, 16:40
Here's what I did: I got an account with AuthSMTP for 25 bucks a year, and I can send my email through them when I'm overseas.

Andres
01-09-07, 16:58
Is the computer number posted earlier a repair guy, or a computer shop? I need a 220v cord for my laptop, I have a 220/50 brick just need the 220v cord.If you need to buy computer spare parts, go to Galería Jardín (Florida St between Lavalle and Tucumán) Tens of stores there, some of them specialized in specific parts (fans, boards, power sources, etc)

Hope this helps,

Andres