PDA

View Full Version : Novecento Baez199 Las Canitas

BadMan
01-19-07, 13:09
Well I have some guests in town and they wanted to try something new since this whole week I have been taking them to all the usual places I enjoy. So we were walking around Las Canitas late in the evening and they decided to try out this place Novecento, I have seen it before but I had never been there. Well the place is small, the wait staff is pretty cordial and attentive. The prices weren't too high, and they have a lunch menu and a dinner menu with varying dishes and prices. I ordered the Stuffed Chicken Breast, which was delicious. It was stuffed with asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, capers, arugula and fontina cheese. It also had a nice garnish of roasted baby potatoes and asparagus and a few other things, The stuffed chicken breast was cut at an angle and placed standing up on the plate surrounded by a nice sweet and tangy reduction. I was pretty impressed by the quality and taste of the chicken. I generally do not order chicken but this whole week I had been eating nothing but steak and pasta, so I felt like giving my liver a break. Anyway, my guests had a salad and a ceviche, the salad, I was told, came out perfectly, though the ceviche I was told was not up to par. I would recommend this place to anybody who wants to try something a little out of the ordinary. The price for the total meal for all three was about 110 pesos, including drinks and a quesadilla appetizer. My plate was around 28 pesos, I forgot to ask if they deliver.

Badboy.

http://www.bistronovecento.com/

ICantFukEnough
01-20-07, 00:50
Sushi Baez is good too El classico offer good morning coffe with media luna manteca and free wi fi so these are nice places to go the 900 has a staff that can speak english for some one new it make thing easier and the food is a sort of french cuisine I had Egg Benedict there and it is one of the best I have eaten in my life the Hollandes sauce was superb. But across the street is the Estancia I do not like this food it is too country side I rather.

Have my biftec de lomo at Spetus in Puerto madero much better and the waitress are also very stunning I would love to pick one up one of these days.

MCSE
01-21-07, 15:00
At novecento they claim they have a branch in NYC.

Best day to go in my opinion it's Mondays and Tuesdays for dinner.

Also lunch menus are great value for money.

MCSE
01-28-07, 16:03
Link to the Novecento branch in NYC.

Novecento.

343 W. Broadway, New York, NY 10013

Between Grand and Broome Sts.

212-925-4706

http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/novecento/index.html