PDA

View Full Version : Bahia Madero (Puerto Madero) Av. Alicia Moreau de Justo 430

BadMan
01-22-07, 16:28
Last Friday my guests had suggested we go to Puerto Madero for dinner. Now I usually don't go out there because it is generally about a 20 minute taxi ride, but we decided to go anyway. We had initially gone to Cabana Las Lilas but it wasn't opening for another 30 minutes or so, so we walked along the pier for a while and finally decided on a place called Bahia Madero. To be honest I was a little aprehensive since I had never heard a review on this place but we decided to try it anyway. Well I have to say the food was great and the service was excellent. Though they didn't have any honey for my tea.

As an appetizer we ordered an Ensalada Primavera, which was made of heart of palm, palta, celery grilled chicken breast apples and drizzled with acheto and evoo, I ordered a Lomo al Funghi, which was delicious and cooked just right, my guests ordered a grilled salmon filet mashed potatoes that I was told was very good, a rissotto di mari and steamed vegetables, which I was also told was spectacular. The only thing that I was told wasn't great was the spaghetti al pomodoro, so I am guessing that isn't their specialty. Afterwards we all had desserts, I had a crepe filled with dulce de leche mousse and topped with ice cream and hot fudge, mmmm. My guests had a brownie with an apricot sauce and strawberry ice cream and something that looked like creme brule, though I forgot the name. The total for this wonderful meal was about 250 pesos and I left a 40 peso tip. For $290 AR (including tip) we all shared an appetizer, we all had a main course, desserts and drinks. I would have to say for the quality and price of the food this was a great place. I will be sure to come back sometime soon. I now understand why so many people tell me to try out the Puerto Madero cuisine, the options are endless, it was just row after row of high quality restaurants.

Anyhow, Great food, great service, and very reasonable pricing at $25 US per person (without wine). Here is their website :

http://www.bahiamadero.com/

Badboy

Bjoel
01-24-07, 09:48
We ate at the Bahia a couple of times in November. They had fixed price menu of 49 pesos per person which included a three course meal with a bottle of wine for each 2 people. The choice of entrees was good and included one of the better steaks I had in BA. Sometimes the fixed price menu is not listed and you have to ask for it.