PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos?

Mike Schmidt
01-23-07, 22:54
Not sure if anyone has ever asked about where to get a tattoo in BA.

But after reading this article I would definitely get a mirror and check.

Out the handiwork before you leave.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006225153

Ampfofu
01-24-07, 17:42
Yeah, I heard about that. Tattoos and Argentina are no different than anywhere else, you need to know where to go. I have had some work done in the past at a place called bonds street. In this place their is so so many Tattoo places, all next to each other, and scate shops, and well, it is a cool place. I was welcomed because I have many tattoos. I usually would not have any work done by a shop I am not familiar with, but I saw this guy in Bonds street who looked like Jesus Christ, I thought it was so funny, so I had him give me some ink. Even if you don't get work done their (IT IS SO SO SO CHEAP and GREAT QUALITY) you should check it out.

Thomaso276
01-25-07, 09:56
I walked thru the other day thinking about getting some work before I go back to USA. One shop quoted 45 peso minimum. My 3-400 dollar USA tattoos were about 300 pesos according to his estimate.

Definitely a bargain.

Ampfofu
01-27-07, 14:11
This is just a suggestion. If you are walking in a place like Florida Ave or any of the off shute streets and you see some tattood guy in the middle of the walkway handing out fliers to his tattoo store, I don't recommend that place. As with many places the best way to know a place is good is by word of mouth and not by a peddler on the street. I have never heard of anyone getting a tattoo by one of these type shops, so I might be wrong. However, I do know that the place I mentioned (Bond St. Seems to have legit places inside. I had some work done in one of the stores at Bond street, and no one was out flagging me down. Plus it is all non pros their, and some sexy chicks with tattoos are usually in the area.

Ray111
04-06-07, 14:27
McPios is widely regarded as one of the top Tattooists in Argentina, he's in Bond Street a couple of shops down on your right hand side if you walk in from Rodriquez Peña, had one done there and it really is a bargain.

Arg tattooists are just as good as anywhere else and much much cheaper. Fit, ‘alternative music head’ girls around bond street always and worth a visit anyway for information about proper no pro clubbing, ie, rave parties, underground techno after-hours locations, flyers etc, if that's your thing of course. Techno parties are allways the best places for meeting non pro fun girls in my opinion and plenty of girls with an 'all night (or two night) party attitude' but then again I am only in my mid twenties.

In the window of McPios you can see photos of him with various well known Argentine and American celebrities visiting Argentina.

My two pence

Judd
04-06-07, 23:32
You're right. McPyo is widely regarded as the best tatoo artist in BA. However, it's my understanding he doesn't tattoo anymore, just paints on women. Rick is the best artist who operates out of McPyo's shop. He did some work on me about 3 years ago. He did a pretty good job, but rushed a bit during the end. This was more my fault as I gave him too much work to do for one sitting. I'm sure his technique has further improved. Each time I visit BA, I stroll thru Bond Street, and always see Rick working. Mcpyo's wife, who helps run the shop, speaks decent English.

There's suppose to be a guy who works at American Tattoo who does great work. Also, check out the guy in the corner close to American Tattoo. His shop is decorated in 50's memorabilia. From the pics on his window, he looks to do wicked work.

On the same subject, Kike Patino, owner of Artes Sagrado in Lima, Peru, does phenomenal work. If your ever in the city, don't miss an opportunity to get some work done by him. You will not regret it. Checkout his website at www. Artesagrado. Com.

Judd