PDA

View Full Version : Las Cholas (Arce 306) Las Canitas

BadMan
01-30-07, 00:46
I hit this restaurant around 2 pm today,

I was happily surprised, the place is open and gives a somewhat tropical feel and ambiance (made me feel like I was a sea side restaurant in Cancun) There was a beautiful young waitress, maybe 20 or 21 years old. The service was pretty good, not great but good. The food was, IMHO, amazing considering what I payed, it has been some of the best bang for the buck I have had in BA. 4 of us ate for less than 100 AR. We started out with appetizers: 1 Morcilla $3 AR, 1 Chorizo $3 AR (Extemely tasty) 1 Salchicha $5 AR (pretty good) 2 Tamales Nortenos $ 12 AR (some of the best tamales I have ever had, delicious) For the main dishes we ordered a Brochette de Lomo $15 AR (very good) Bife de Lomo $18 AR (some of the best meat I have had and for the price, the best value alltogether) and a Pollo Deshuesado $9 AR, All the main dishes came with fries that weren't great but were good. The star of the menu here seems to be the meat, not only the quality but the price. They also offer fresh Mate, but they only serve it between 4 and 7 pm I was told. For anyone in the Las Canitas area looking for top quality beef and parrilla dishes, this place is a must.

Badboy.

PS they deliver.

Oh yeah we had 4 empanadas too $ 8 pesos ( good but not as good as the deep fried ones from El Mirasol )

Here is the number 4899-0094

Rock Harders
01-30-07, 09:49
Mongers-

Actually, the name of this restuarant is La Cholita, and there is another branch located on Rodriguez Pena between Santa Fe and Arenales, directly next to Cumana (same owner) and El Salto de las Ranas. Both branches are packed tight on a nightly basis because they are the "in" places to go for young Argies and because of the low, low prices.

I have had the bife de lomo and empanadas on several occaisons, and they are pretty good considering the price. However, the bife de lomo is nowhere near as good as those available at Estilo Campo or La Cabrera, let alone one of the tourist rip off parillas. It is probably just as good as El Yugo, which in my experience skimps on the size of their steaks. If I am able to eat a whole lomo and bife de chorizo that means the steaks are cut too small.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

BadMan
01-30-07, 10:13
Dirk,

Are you sure we are talking about the same place? I am holding the delivery menu as I am typing and it says clearly LAS CHOLAS (parrilla & hornito de campo) I think we are talking about two different places because this place is called Las Cholas. This one is on Arce 306 right on the corner.

Bad

BTW the Bife de Lomo was pretty big

ICantFukEnough
01-30-07, 10:49
There are two restaurant and there are owned by the same person. Las Cholitas is in the center and las Cholas is in las Canitas. I like better Las Cholas because og the night life it is always full of nice looking woman and the waitress are young and pretty. Speciality of the place I think is the Empanadas the rest of the food is ok but it is based on Bolivian service like restaurant. I like it since I have two nefew that are bolivian.

MCSE
01-31-07, 23:36
The restaurant name Badboy reffered it's LAS CHOLAS, arce and arevalo corner.

There is a branch in barrio norte, LA CHOLITA. (ita, ito it's indicative of smaller, culo, culito, teta, tetita) and in fact the one in rodriguez pena it's smaller. Chola means dark skinned female.

They are specialized in food from the nothern argentina. On the nights gets so crowded.

By the way, here it's a map for locate it http://www.barts.com.ar/barts/lodgin/map_lascanitas.php?recordID=20