PDA

View Full Version : Hard Rock Cafe Buenos Aires

BadMan
02-10-07, 00:08
Came here with a guest a few days ago and was pretty impressed by the food and quality of service. Compared to T. G. I Fridays this place gets three stars. I will never set foot in Friday's again, next time I want my Americano food fix I will have to come back. The place looks nice and it is very big and well layed out. The service was very good, extremely polite and very cute wait staff. The food was actually alot better than I thought it would be, I was expecting something similair to Fridays BA, but I got something much better for about the same price.

For Starters we had the Jumbo Combo platter $36 pesos, and to be honest it was big enough for 4 people, I was pretty much full by the time the entrees got there. The combo platter had some tex-mex egg rolls, potato skins, spicy chicken tenders and chicken wings and onion rings. My guest ordered the Herb grilled chicken and french fries and I had the New York with garlic mashed potatoes. I think each dish was about $28 pesos, though I forget. I had a Conga which is basically Grapefruit juice and my guest had a smoothie. The total for a huge meal for 2 was about $120 AR, and that included the huge appetizer platter and multiple non alchoholic cocktails.

A very good price considering the food and service was good and 100 times better than Fridays, where the food isn't that good and the service is well intentioned but horribly executed.

Here's the website:

http://hardrockcafe.com/locations/cafes3/cafes.aspx?LocationID=131&MenuID=15&MIBEnumID=3

Moore
02-10-07, 14:01
Hard Rock Cafe BsAs must have had an extreme turn around.

I went there maybe three times over the course of 6 years living in BsAs and the food, service, prices, and ambiance were shockingly horrible each time. I figured it might be an illegitimate knockoff of an HRC franchise. I like most HRC's I've visited, especially in London.

I agree that Fridays in BsAs sucks, then again I don't care for that place in the USA either.

Kansas is the only restaurant in Argentina with authentic American food and setting. It's a carbon copy of Houston's (a manager of Houston's was transferred down to BsAs to open and run the place).

BadMan
02-10-07, 15:10
After hearing your comments I would suggest you try it out one more time Moore, it must have gotten better, because I got great service and good food. And note, I never go to Fridays in the states either, but being in the EU or SA, you sometimes want to try familiar fair.

Fridays here SUCKS, But thanks for giving me the heads up on Kansas, I hadn't even heard of it, but I love Houston's in Cali, so I will have to try this place out and see if they are just as good.

Thanks again,

Bad

Cowpie
02-10-07, 23:49
I agree with BB, I was in the Hard Rock over by the bone yard in 2002 with a group of business associated (8 of us) We all had steak dinners with at least two rounds of drinks, I picked up the tab (the ex rate was 3.75) and it was 198 peso + a 35 peso.

The food was great and the wait staff very friendly.

Pie

El Queso
02-16-07, 15:50
I've been to the Hard Rock a few times, twice with my buddy from the US and once with my girlfriend, her sister and her sister's boyfriend. While my buddy from the US had one good experience and one bad (his hamburger was overcooked, although mine was perfect - typical for many places in BA as far as consistency oes) we had a great experience with the four of us. Very good food, great service and great ambience.

They must have changed.

I also agree with TGI Fridays - at least the one in Alto Palermo Shopping Mall. It was terrible food, terrible service, and horrible ambience. I'd never consider going there again. I ordered a Cajun Chicken Finger salad, hoping for at least a taste of something spicy (as many of you probably know, Argentinian cooking is not known for its spice, and even its grilled food, in my opinion, doesn't come close to matching up with Texas grilling [and forget barbeque!], although the meat is superb) The chicken fingers were batter-fried, but didn't have the slightest trace of any spice, much less Cajun seasoning. My girlfiend and her sister ordered a bife de lomo, which was dry and tough - hard to come by in Argentina cooked like that, but somehow TGIF managed it. The price was high - 130 pesos and we didn't order any alcohol - and it took them nearly a half an hour to make change for my 100 peso bill.

I have yet to try the TGI Fridays in Puerto Madero, though - it could be quite a bit different given it's location in a high-class restaraunt area. But given that it's a chain, I'd say the chances for the food being different, at any rate, is pretty close to zero.

Member #1036
02-16-07, 18:27
I just came back from there as I have been craving American food since I got here and I had a urge for a Ceasar Salad. I went to Filo yesterday and what a disappointment with pizza. Guys on here said Filos has American style pizza but all the pizzas I saw coming out were the Arg style and the one I ordered which the highest priced one was did not have tomato sauce.

Anyways the Hard Rock came through as I got a good ole hamburger with a good Ceasar salad. Why is it in Arg there is no salad dressing except vinegar and oil.