PDA

View Full Version : Places to go for the weekend?

BadMan
02-15-07, 18:59
I plan on going out of Buenos Aires proper this weekend, starting Saturday. I am wondering if anyone has any recomendations. I don't want to travel very far at all. Just wondering if any one knows a good way to spend the weekend just outside of BA.

Thanks in advance,

Bad

Hunt99
02-15-07, 20:05
Colonia.

Or to an estancia.

Here are a couple sites:

http://www.welcomeargentina.com/estancias/index_i.html

http://www.estanciasargentinas.com/

I am sure others may have some estancia suggestions.

If I remember correctly, I think I spent a weekend at this place a couple years ago:

http://www.estanciasargentinas.com/estancias/estancia-la-candelaria/estancia-la-candelaria.htm#

It should go without saying that you need to bring your own companionship with you; these places are not bordellos and there is no "action" anywhere to be found, especially since a lot of these places are way out in the country. For most of them, you will need to get there in your own private car, or otherwise make arrangements with a remis.

Moore
02-16-07, 01:54
I'd go to Mar del Plata.

This is an ideal time. The beaches/city are full in Feb but not overwhelmingly crowded as in peak Jan.

You should be able to get cheap 40 minute flights leaving Sat and returning Mon.

Andres
02-16-07, 02:15
I heard about several spas in Provincia. One of them, near Lobos (150 km from Buenos Aires) is this one:

www.aquaesulis.com.ar

Looks like a soft alternative to estancias.

Tigre (delta of Parana river) is another alternative, good for water sports and relaxing.

Affluent people spend their weekends in their homes on country clubs. Why not joining a local friend there?

Hope this helps,

Andres

El Greco
02-17-07, 12:59
I'd go to Mar del Plata.

You should be able to get cheap 40 minute flights leaving Sat and returning Mon.I was quoted 640p return to Mar de Plata on Aerolineas.

I found it to be expensive considering that Lan advertises 120usd return to Santiago and through internet found it to be only 88usd.

They also told me they are the only ones flying there.

Any idea what the correct pricing should be?

Thanks

Andres
02-17-07, 15:41
I was quoted 640p return to Mar de Plata on Aerolineas.

I found it to be expensive considering that Lan advertises 120usd return to Santiago and through internet found it to be only 88usd.

ThanksGreco:

Domestic tickets are usually more expensive than International ones. In fact, flying to Santiago could be 50% cheaper than to Mendoza.

I paid ARS 700 for a round ticket from Buenos Aires to a Northern province back in May, all with Argentino resident documents. Taking into account the high season there, I wouldn't be surprised to pay such a price.

Andres

Moore
02-18-07, 03:25
I was quoted 640p return to Mar de Plata on Aerolineas.

ThanksI flew down twice in February of last year and paid about 340 pesos roundtrip both times.

Airlines will sometimes quote fares for flights from/within Argentina that are only valid for residents and citizens, but they rarely check. Maybe you're getting hammered on that.

I've found that domestic flights in Argentina are similarly priced to domestic flights in USA in US$. A 2 hour flight to Bariloche for skiing runs about the equivalent of US$230, just like a 2 hour flight from Chicago to Denver. Short hops like BsAs to MDP run the equivalent of US$70 - $100, like Chicago to St. Louis. I disagree with Andres somewhat on international flights being cheaper. True, flights to Santiago are usually reasonable, but the 2.5 or 2.75 hour flight up to Sao Paulo or Rio will almost always cost US$400 or more, which seems odd since these are fairly short flights between the biggest airports in South America.

And yes I'm pretty sure Aerolineas is the only airlines flying to MDP and most other domestic destinations.

WorldTravel69
02-18-07, 13:54
Lan Airlines flys some domestic flights. My buddy and I flew to Mendoza and Barlioche on Lan. They are cheaper than Aerolineas.

Check with Mayra.

Mayra Brill.

ATS.

Nextel 54*397*3495

mayra@argentinatravelservices. Com

She speaks perfect English.

I flew down twice in February of last year and paid about 340 pesos roundtrip both times.

Airlines will sometimes quote fares for flights from / within Argentina that are only valid for residents and citizens, but they rarely check. Maybe you're getting hammered on that.

I've found that domestic flights in Argentina are similarly priced to domestic flights in USA in US$. A 2 hour flight to Bariloche for skiing runs about the equivalent of US$230, just like a 2 hour flight from Chicago to Denver. Short hops like BsAs to MDP run the equivalent of US$70 - $100, like Chicago to St. Louis. I disagree with Andres somewhat on international flights being cheaper. True, flights to Santiago are usually reasonable, but the 2.5 or 2.75 hour flight up to Sao Paulo or Rio will almost always cost US$400 or more, which seems odd since these are fairly short flights between the biggest airports in South America.

And yes I'm pretty sure Aerolineas is the only airlines flying to MDP and most other domestic destinations.